Does the built-in benchmark play nicely with CM / CSP / Sol ?

I'm getting very variable performance with the Assetto Corsa built-in benchmark function and Content Manager / CSP / Sol.

If reboot, load everything up and go straight to the benchmark my load time is short and i get a solid 125fps from the start. GPU utilization starts at around 55% and hit nearly 65%+ by the DRS zone after the top of Eau Rouge.

If I then load up a session (hotlap, race, whatever), run that for a bit and go back to the benchmark, I get a very different result.

Firstly, it takes much longer to load. I then get mid 90's frame rate, rising and then steadying at just over 100 fps. GPU utilization starts at around 45% and hits only 50% by the DRS zone after the top of Eau Rouge.

Any explanation for this? CPU and GPU temps are all fine during this. CPU utilization is a constant across both runs.

I'm using CSP 0.1.46 and Sol 1.5.1. The machine is an i7- 4790k with a 2060 Super, running on a single screen at 2560 x 1440.

Thanks for any insight!

OK. I think I've solved this. I'll write the answer here for posterity, in case a Googler-of-the-future finds it useful.

I had a look in the event log, and noticed that there were messages about Assetto Corsa (acs.exe) crashing. I never saw an error on screen, but these event log errors coincided with the slow benchmark runs.

The errors started on 11th April, so I looked back at what had changed on my PC on that day.

Lo and behold, in a moment of lock-down-induced boredom, I'd run the "live Update" program from my motherboard vendor (MSI), and allowed it to update the Intel ME and Chipset drivers.

Rolling back these changes has stopped the event log errors and the slow benchmark runs.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 4 5.7%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%