Authorised Vendor DK Sigma Motion System | USA Made

Something I have been curious about, does the motion work when watching a replay of the session/race ?
I'm curious if I can essentially do "ride alongs" for people by running replay videos while they're in the seat.
Only Automobilista and rF1/2 provide telemetry on reply. Just don't fast forward. lol. gets intense. Other than that you can do AI drive in AC but sometimes need to restart the stage as the AI gets confused at the start/stop line. We run various cars on the Nurburgring and other tracks for testing. I think we logged over 10,000 laps now. Not sure of the exact number, but plausible. ;-)

@SigmaMotion - will you be supporting WRC generations?

According to this DOC, on page 20 they say it will have telemetry out! This is from the WRCGame website.
Wow, thanks for that find. Smart move on their behalf!

Before they were limiting telemetry access to specific "partners" always curious why, as opening up the telemetry helps components and software integration and expands the value the game provides. They are using UDP, they have a port and the necessary metrics coming through! This is fantastic. Would be a great motion comparison to DR2.0. ;-)

Appreciate the link. Forwarded to dev team and added to our list of games.

1667261040931.png

Had fun being distracted with this setup for the LA Autoshow. Some new and exciting releases coming this year, including a revised UI, game additions etc... Some more DK6 videos releasing soon too, meaning before the end of the year. ;-)

Very nice, good to see there's finally some decent sim center in SoCal.

Funny thing is I have a similar setup at home but VR instead, seeing how much they charge for 30 mins, now I can tell my wife everytime I am doing a 2 hr session, I am saving a bunch of money
hahaha. Good pivot, good pivot. :)

Word on the street is that there are more sim centers popping up in the LA area and even more across North America. ;-) We are also building a Datsun 280Z for a sim center in Kuwait (progress updates we will post here ) Will use Sigma's DK technology, more precisely DK6X which is one of our new commercial solution, using massive frame motors with 208V 3-phase support.

Dk2+ is phenomenal. I swear this thing nearly jumps off the floor sometimes and I use it in the 6.0 or less global intensity. Been running this for about a month now and it's been worth every penny. I'm finding a faster response for catching slides because I can feel the chassis unload before the wheel base FFB can indicate a rotational sensation of slipping.

Ignore the hanging belt, I'm toying around the idea of using the seat belt to convey breaking force and in between ideas ATM. I need something to hold the belts higher in the back. Currently they tend to pull downward on my collars instead of into my torso.

Attachments

• IMG20230108173208.jpg
    IMG20230108173208.jpg
    348 KB · Views: 61
Well let me post a picture of my VR rig as well.

The Dk2 Motion system is really amazing. For road races I have the turn and roll turned down to 20% just to get the best out of my laptimes. Brake, heave and road texture turned up.
This system is agressieve and fast and plug & play.
It gives so much more immersion, night and day difference compared to a non motion rig.
Customer service is also really good. Got allot of advice and tips from Peter.

Attachments

• 20230117_135313.jpg
    20230117_135313.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 50
Well let me post a picture of my VR rig as well.

The Dk2 Motion system is really amazing. For road races I have the turn and roll turned down to 20% just to get the best out of my laptimes. Brake, heave and road texture turned up.
This system is agressieve and fast and plug & play.
It gives so much more immersion, night and day difference compared to a non motion rig.
Customer service is also really good. Got allot of advice and tips from Peter.
Looking great!

Just a quick note, we had one customer mention that the usb cable can 'shake' out of the seat belt tension at times with motion. Having some strain relief on it (you probably do), is a good preventative thing to do.

Thanks!
Peter

Looking great!

Just a quick note, we had one customer mention that the usb cable can 'shake' out of the seat belt tension at times with motion. Having some strain relief on it (you probably do), is a good preventative thing to do.

Thanks!
Peter
Hi Peter,

Thanks!
Yeah the connectors on that specific belt kit are not that robust.
However I am taking the active Belt system of this evening (sold it) because the motion system gives me more then enough immersion.

Hi Peter,

Thanks!
Yeah the connectors on that specific belt kit are not that robust.
However I am taking the active Belt system of this evening (sold it) because the motion system gives me more then enough immersion.
wow. First time I heard someone remove belt tensioners. Many have removed buttkickers but not tensioners. Interesting....... ;-)

Last edited:
Just casually watching the video it seems like the dk6 is utilizing a good portion of the travel. I’d really like a slider control that at the minimum setting would restrict the dk6 to 2 inches of total movement and would also be at the lower 1/3 of the stroke. Basically turning the dk6 into a dk2+ for road based racing games. Basically keeping the speed/impact up and the stroke down.

Last edited:

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 450 69.7%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 279 43.2%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 297 46.0%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 133 20.6%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 174 26.9%
Back