DIY handbrake

How do you mean out of logitech pedals?
Just using 1 of the pedals from a pedalset?

They are all nothing else but a potentiometer and a lever (pedal) with a pivot point and a return spring.
I think it should be easier to just get an arduino, a potentiometer etc. and built something not with the use of a logitch pedal. Might be cheaper also...

Upvote 0
How do you mean out of logitech pedals?
Just using 1 of the pedals from a pedalset?

They are all nothing else but a potentiometer and a lever (pedal) with a pivot point and a return spring.
I think it should be easier to just get an arduino, a potentiometer etc. and built something not with the use of a logitch pedal. Might be cheaper also...
I am not that good with making things so i would use rather pedal from pedal set because it already have holes and i just need to make handle for handbrake...... but i need answer on what pedal should i use because i think gas pedal will be weak....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, understood, i would go for the brake pedal, because those of a g25 and upwards feature a good resistance i guess.
So either logitech or thrustmaster brake pedal. Maybe you are lucky and find a used one on ebay o.e.

I have a set of pedals from my Thrustmaster T300 wheel laying around here. The brake pedal seems relatively firm, but it only has a plug that is connected to the base. but there is a adapter available for usb use...

My old T300 Pedals:
t300-pedals.jpg

In my case i built my own pedals and don´t use these anymore. So if you are lucky you´ll find somebody who also made a pedal upgrade while keeping the wheelbase. I would look for the cheapest option there, because you rip them apart anyway.
Currently the price for those t300 used pedals is around 50€ in ebay germany.

Cheers Dan

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok, understood, i would go for the brake pedal, because those of a g25 and upwards feature a good resistance i guess.
So either logitech or thrustmaster brake pedal. Maybe you are lucky and find a used one on ebay o.e.

I have a set of pedals from my Thrustmaster T300 wheel laying around here. The brake pedal seems relatively firm, but it only has a plug that is connected to the base. but there is a adapter available for usb use...

My old T300 Pedals:
View attachment 467551

In my case i built my own pedals and don´t use these anymore. So if you are lucky you´ll find somebody who also made a pedal upgrade while keeping the wheelbase. I would look for the cheapest option there, because you rip them apart anyway.
Currently the price for those t300 used pedals is around 50€ in ebay germany.

Cheers Dan
Thanks man... this is really usefull information... have a good day

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More leagues

• Prizes

• Trophies