Disk writing error when updating

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
As the title suggest with the last two updates I've had a DWE message, tried it on three different drives with the same result. If I uninstall then reinstall all is well, downloads with all my dlc and works fine, just when it's updating. Anyone care to hazard a guess.

Going from memory (I had this a long time ago) I coudn`t find a fix for it, so i had to uninstall / reinstall steam. Its a bit drastic I know and you have to download and reinstall all your games again of course....

Going from memory (I had this a long time ago) I coudn`t find a fix for it, so i had to uninstall / reinstall steam. Its a bit drastic I know and you have to download and reinstall all your games again of course....
Well, a Steam reinstallation shouldn't require any games to be downloaded again - you get the opportunity to point it at existing folders and then it can check and use them. (I think it might amount to an integrity check but I'm no Steam expert. I am also speaking from experience, having had to do this myself about a year ago, which is why I'm a bit fuzzy on the details :))

I can confirm that it's perfectly working @Neilski and @Kenny Paton

2 years ago I got a full new PC except the 2TO HDD with only the Steamapps folder with all sims.
I renstalled Steam on the new SSD and pointed it to the right locations for games.

Steam just needed to check the files and it is much faster than reinstalling the games .... but everything in this case depends on how many games there are ! :D but this can be done in different steps when you need them for use... even months later. ;)

These are the joys of the mysteries of informatica ! :roflmao: at least for us.
I really hope experts are mastering the situation better than us... ? sometimes not :D

What I mean ... if this happen once more the next time or with another sim, this should not be a big problem to at least reinstall Steam if really it can help.... it's possible to do it without having to reinstall all games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back