Disable SweetFX for better AMS performance on a weak PC

TL;DR Have a weak PC? Struggling with FPS with AMS1? Disable SweetFX.

The title pretty much says it all. AMS1 is a great sim to use on a weak PC and still be able to get a decent looking sim with an overall great driving experience.

But I was AMAZED at how much smoother my experience was and how much higher my FPS got on my potato computer by fully disabling SweetFX in the configuration tool for the game. For me, it was the difference maker allowing steady, smooth FPS, even with 20+ AI on track with me.

Just a little tip. I know it's kinda obvious to anyone experienced with these things... but sometimes it's good to share such things anyway. Hopefully it'll be useful to someone someday!

TL;DR Have a weak PC? Struggling with FPS with AMS1? Disable SweetFX.

The title pretty much says it all. AMS1 is a great sim to use on a weak PC and still be able to get a decent looking sim with an overall great driving experience.

But I was AMAZED at how much smoother my experience was and how much higher my FPS got on my potato computer by fully disabling SweetFX in the configuration tool for the game. For me, it was the difference maker allowing steady, smooth FPS, even with 20+ AI on track with me.

Just a little tip. I know it's kinda obvious to anyone experienced with these things... but sometimes it's good to share such things anyway. Hopefully it'll be useful to someone someday!
Thanks, i'll try this

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back