DiRT Rally DiRT Rally Modding Request Thread

@howitzer155mm lets just say I'm desperate to get these skins made ;) I'll see what I can do this weekend.

Here are a few quick screenshots, I still need to make some adjustments on the Spec Map, and the decal positions. (Some of them are reflecting like street signs) Reflective range way too high on parts.
drt 2016-01-07 07-11-54-93 copy.JPG

drt 2016-01-07 07-11-49-16 copy.JPG drt 2016-01-07 07-12-08-49 copy.JPG drt 2016-01-07 07-15-00-70.jpg drt 2016-01-07 07-16-28-53 copy.JPG

Hi guys

I'm in search for a painter that can do dirt rally skins and are able to package them into .pssg format....been trying myself but having many issues so looking for someone with a little more experience than me! I have a design in mind and templates already just need a painter/packager

Cheers!
Ben Willis

I haven't been able to find anymore angles of this livery ... but i think it looks really good and would work for either the 2010-Fiesta or the two 2000-series Focuses..
sEiB403.jpg

Fiesta-R5.jpg

73209_a-monte-carlo-il-debutto-della-nuova-ford-fiesta-r5.jpg

Last edited:
I was curious if anyone has ever been interested in modding cars in DiRT Rally, like updating the vehicles, it's obviously possible to mod other cars into the game by replacing models, but I'm thinking like... Someone takes the 2011 Ford Fiesta, or any other existing car, and change the body panels to look like newer versions. I'm pretty sure it's possible to tweak the physics as well.

They do it like crazy on MX Simulator, where modders would create new bikes every year to keep up with Supercross and Outdoor motocross series. But then again, the creator of the game seems pretty involved with the community, and modding is pretty much the heart of the game.

I was curious if anyone has ever been interested in modding cars in DiRT Rally, like updating the vehicles, it's obviously possible to mod other cars into the game by replacing models, but I'm thinking like... Someone takes the 2011 Ford Fiesta, or any other existing car, and change the body panels to look like newer versions. I'm pretty sure it's possible to tweak the physics as well.

They do it like crazy on MX Simulator, where modders would create new bikes every year to keep up with Supercross and Outdoor motocross series. But then again, the creator of the game seems pretty involved with the community, and modding is pretty much the heart of the game.

if you tweak / hack the physics, you are banned from the online competitions.

more importantly i'd like to see the livery selector in-game, to show the actual modded livery...

if you tweak / hack the physics, you are banned from the online competitions.

more importantly i'd like to see the livery selector in-game, to show the actual modded livery...
What would really b a dream come true, is if as the game ages, and the revenue has been made up, if they implement modding features into the game, or just remove the restrictions.

Imagine DiRT Rally, but where you can have modded servers like Assetto Corsa and rF2, but they also have stock servers. Someone could mod the entire WRC Group A into the game and have leagues.

But I know that's far fetched... But I'm confident there's a way to change the livery pictures, if you can access the location of the livery screenshot, you can just replace it with one of the same size and format.

I would love it if someone could do something about the lighting in this game!

Headlights on the vehicles do not light up the road at all for me.

I am running my own Sweetfx setup that makes the game a little darker, but also stimulates alot of color, if i go for a spin at night, im having troubles to say the least!

I do not know if it is possible or not, but i would truly be in someones favor!

Also, feel free to write a message if you want my Sweetfx settings, i have a pretty good profile making the game visuals alot better!

I would love it if someone could do something about the lighting in this game!

Headlights on the vehicles do not light up the road at all for me.

I am running my own Sweetfx setup that makes the game a little darker, but also stimulates alot of color, if i go for a spin at night, im having troubles to say the least!

I do not know if it is possible or not, but i would truly be in someones favor!

Also, feel free to write a message if you want my Sweetfx settings, i have a pretty good profile making the game visuals alot better!
Well first off, do you have this visibility issue without sweetFX?

And as for the question on can it be changed? yes it can, but it will lock you out of online play to change it

Yes, i feel that the overal visibility is extremely low, i think that the headlights are far from realistic in terms of strength.

I never run my sweetfx on while driving during the night, since it makes it unplayable.

Im fine with swapping between original and a modded file depending on if i play online or not!
(I usually play offline)

It feels like the headlights give you around 10-15 meters of visibility depending on map.

Good reference video:

The overall light rays should reach much further.

Btw, thanks for your FFB mod, i truly love it!

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.