DiRT Rally Dirt Rally Dead??

Guess by the lack of posts Dirt Rally has run it's course and people have lost interest in it. Correct me if I'm wrong, would be a shame if so after such a short time.

• Deleted member 130869

I'm passing on pC1/2, but removing Rallycross indeed effectively kills multiplayer for DR2, since rally is single cars on a stage. Unless they say "screw it" and provide a mode à la Sega Rally (Saturn and Dreamcast versions), which would be fantastic though quite tight on most tracks.

which brings to mind the lake one did some turns on in mcRae02, way way back. It was one of the Swedish stages, in the middle of the stage one went onto a frozen lake did sth. like a small rallycross track with ice underneath and snowy banks on either side and left the ice to get back on the "normal" road. Always loved it :)

This isn't a thread about that title, so please don't start the "let's infiltrate all threads about anything else early" stuff.

DR has ice in it, in Sweden and in Monte Carlo, it's actually very difficult to drive on as you can't choose your tyres, and in Monte especially you are on racing tyres most of the time, and they don't work on ice.

I dislike the non tyre choice aspect in DR actually, a little unrealistic.

And being honest, if you are going to have rallycross and want to appeal to a broader base, you need more than 3 damn tracks, they needn't have bothered, and only did because IMG are super aggressive with their marketing and probably demanded it was in there! When in reality it was not even finished properlly and as it is, is a very poor relation to the rally side of the game.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back