DiRT 4 Dirt 4 league?

Is there anything in the pipeline later in the year? Its been quiet for the last few months and I was beginning to wonder.
If you mean an RD league, it won't be for a while I shouldn't think. For starters, leagues need to be added to the game first! Also, the RDRC was run quite recently in DiRT Rally. The guys deserve a nice break before organising the next one!

Oh, I wasnt aware leagues werent even included. I should do my research better, had I known this I wouldn't have bought the game in the first place.
Right, same question as in the thread title again, but with a different game; when will the next Dirt Rally league run again?.... :)

Understandable, but if clubs/leagues/whatever isnt a possibility, do you have a backup plan? You have 3-400 eager rallyists impatiently waiting for next season :)

Btw, why in the hell was clubs/league/get-togethers/people-smashing-cars-into-trees-together not included in the first place? Surely is nearly just a matter of copying what was done in DR..?

Btw, why in the hell was clubs/league/get-togethers/people-smashing-cars-into-trees-together not included in the first place? Surely is nearly just a matter of copying what was done in DR..?

Given all the problems with DR and RaceNet, perhaps they're trying to improve the net code or something, and it wasn't ready for release day. I hope so, because some people's RDRC was ruined by RaceNet problems.

Understandable, but if clubs/leagues/whatever isnt a possibility, do you have a backup plan? You have 3-400 eager rallyists impatiently waiting for next season :)

Well, firstly because of summer holiday :) Both in general simracing is less popular during summer, us staffies tend to go on holiday as well.
Secondly we were a bit worn out after last season, so it was nice with a little break.
Thirdly, if Codies mess up the club/league thingy, or just keeps not releasing it, we will of course run it in another game than D4 :)

My guess would be that they have some issues with the stage generator and the racenet-thingy.

Thirdly, if Codies mess up the club/league thingy, or just keeps not releasing it, we will of course run it in another game than D4 :)

>Heavily implies that another season is coming, regardless of platform

Aaaaawwwww yyeeaahhh.png

Well, firstly because of summer holiday :) Both in general simracing is less popular during summer, us staffies tend to go on holiday as well.
Secondly we were a bit worn out after last season, so it was nice with a little break.

My guess would be that they have some issues with the stage generator and the racenet-thingy.

What? The job in RD even comes with holidays? Ok, im in, where do I sign up? :whistling:

I'd support one, only we play on Xbox. I find the handling to be worse in some ways, but better in others, and it was. .Best of all, they really nailed the rally cross and Land Rush vehicles. With those, you can run together in a race, on line, with an xbox. League is ready to go.

I'd support one, only we play on Xbox. I find the handling to be worse in some ways, but better in others, and it was. .Best of all, they really nailed the rally cross and Land Rush vehicles. With those, you can run together in a race, on line, with an xbox. League is ready to go.

Leagues (clubs) will be cross platform by default in D4. Which is a good thing for us organizers.
Land Rush and RX have max 8 players, so thats a no no for the RDRC at least.

I don't think it was just a matter of copying what was done in DR as quite a lot related to leagues has changed between the two games. Also, they've mentioned quite a few times they have big plans with the clubs when they come. Not sure how/if that changed, though, given the general reception of the game, which was probably quite a lot colder than they expected.

It's really not helped by the gap between patches so far, or the fact the patch process is a joke. I think it's going to take more work than just enabling leagues to really rejuvenate interest in D4 in the long-term. I also think it would have helped divert attention from the game's issues if such features were in the game from release, but there you go.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.