DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0: Rally Germany Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 3.jpg

The German rally has arrived for DiRT 2.0!

Featured as part of the current 'season' of DLC release content for Codemasters DiRT 2.0, Rally Germany has released for the simulation earlier today - and it's a good one.

Granted, tarmac rallying isn't everyone's cup of tea, but for those of you who like the tarmac (fairly) smooth and the speed (very) high, with just a pinch of danger around every corner, Rally Germany is probably pretty high up on your list of events that you like to drive.

DiRT 2.0: Season 2 full content list and release dates HERE.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 1.jpg
DiRT 2.0 Rally Germany 2.jpg

Having made its debut in the original DiRT Rally game, the German event has been giving the DiRT 2.0 treatment ready for inserting into the new title as post release DLC, and as such benefits from a wide range of improvements and enhancements over the original version from DiRT Rally.

If you want to see it in action, check out RaceDepartment rally master @Davy Vandevenne on a fast run through one of the many challenging stages within the title:

Players who bought the Deluxe Edition will receive all content as part of their Season Pass. Similar to Season One, players who own the Day One or Standard Edition will have the opportunity to purchase each season and piece of content separately on their digital store of choice.
DiRT Rally 2.0 is available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC now.

For news, discussion, mods and more head over to the DiRT Rally 2.0 sub forum right here at RaceDepartment.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Last edited:
Yeah! Dirt Rally (1) content *thumbs up*
Wow, it looks so different and new:confused:
-----
well, the graphics are a little bit better and i don't know if there are other routes, but it looks personally like a copy from the original Dirt Rally. For me the game is the "real" Dirt Rally 2 as soon as all of the "season content" including cars is dropped.
yep game will look better if add more sharpen to files make crips not all us see clearly have wear glasses what with blur around side maps could remove it please.

Thanks Martin, but just to be totally clear, if you watch the whole replay in TV camera mode, does that mode still randomly cycle through various views (external, internal, helicopter, beside wheels, bonnet, etc) the same way DR1 does?
If it was cycling through other cameras, you wouldn't be able to watch the whole replay in TV camera mode ;) Yeah, I probably could've phrased it differently. I was thinking about saying it stays in "fixed TV camera", but then I thought it might sound like the camera is static and doesn't follow the car at all.

Bought DR2 last night. First impressions wasnt good. First i realized the game is very Heavy performance wise. It was set to ultra but i realized quickly that was a no-go. The game automatically put itself on 30FPS with VSYNC on. Then after a Little bit of tinkering i got 60FPS but it starts out with 30FPS when standing waiting to drive away, and as soon as i start driving it zooms into 60FPS making it feel like fast forward speed in the transition. Really weird. Some tracks start at 60FPS and some at 30FPS.

NZ stages have flickering vegetation. Running all vegetation/stage/ground on ultra. Tried with "high" on all and it was the same issue. Heat is ok on my dual fan GPU (RTX2070).

Next issue was FFB. I come in when the updated FFB was already in but the feeling wasnt that good. Tweaked a Little bit to get rid of the massive auto centering making the Wheel swing from side to side. Then i noticed the character of the tracks come through as small "pik poks" instead of proper Wheel shakes that make you feel the bumps, dips and character of the road. Next issue was (with T300RS) that around center the FFB is pretty weak. Just compared to DR1 it felt quite a bit worse. Hope it can be tweaked.

One good thing was that i noticed tarmac was better than DR1 and with more tarmac tracks that was a good thing. Sadly though im more into DR for the gravel since i do other sims on tarmac.

First impression just left me disappointed almost to the Point i uninstalled it. Gonna tinker a Little bit more and hoping there are some tweaks to make FFB better. The NZ flickering seems other said they had it too. Looks really bad and its everywhere you look so its pretty immersion breaking. As it stands now DR1 feels much better even though some things are improved in DR2. We'll see how it pans out with some time.

Bought DR2 last night. First impressions wasnt good. First i realized the game is very Heavy performance wise. It was set to ultra but i realized quickly that was a no-go. The game automatically put itself on 30FPS with VSYNC on. Then after a Little bit of tinkering i got 60FPS but it starts out with 30FPS when standing waiting to drive away, and as soon as i start driving it zooms into 60FPS making it feel like fast forward speed in the transition. Really weird. Some tracks start at 60FPS and some at 30FPS.

NZ stages have flickering vegetation. Running all vegetation/stage/ground on ultra. Tried with "high" on all and it was the same issue. Heat is ok on my dual fan GPU (RTX2070).

Next issue was FFB. I come in when the updated FFB was already in but the feeling wasnt that good. Tweaked a Little bit to get rid of the massive auto centering making the Wheel swing from side to side. Then i noticed the character of the tracks come through as small "pik poks" instead of proper Wheel shakes that make you feel the bumps, dips and character of the road. Next issue was (with T300RS) that around center the FFB is pretty weak. Just compared to DR1 it felt quite a bit worse. Hope it can be tweaked.

One good thing was that i noticed tarmac was better than DR1 and with more tarmac tracks that was a good thing. Sadly though im more into DR for the gravel since i do other sims on tarmac.

First impression just left me disappointed almost to the Point i uninstalled it. Gonna tinker a Little bit more and hoping there are some tweaks to make FFB better. The NZ flickering seems other said they had it too. Looks really bad and its everywhere you look so its pretty immersion breaking. As it stands now DR1 feels much better even though some things are improved in DR2. We'll see how it pans out with some time.

You on triple screens?

The game automatically put itself on 30FPS with VSYNC on. Then after a Little bit of tinkering i got 60FPS but it starts out with 30FPS when standing waiting to drive away, and as soon as i start driving it zooms into 60FPS making it feel like fast forward speed in the transition. Really weird. Some tracks start at 60FPS and some at 30FPS.
That's normal double buffered vsync. If you dip even a single fps below your refresh rate, the framerate drops to half refresh rate.

So it basically means with your settings, you are dropping below 60 fps on some stages.

You could try forcing some of the alternative vsync methods if you're OK with the dips. Or obviously drop some settings if you can, which ones would depend or whether you are GPU limited or CPU limited. Or run in borderless window as that basically forces the game into triple buffered vsync, so it removes the double buffered limitations (but can have other issues, like microstutter or higher input lag).

That's normal double buffered vsync. If you dip even a single fps below your refresh rate, the framerate drops to half refresh rate.

So it basically means with your settings, you are dropping below 60 fps on some stages.

You could try forcing some of the alternative vsync methods if you're OK with the dips. Or obviously drop some settings if you can, which ones would depend or whether you are GPU limited or CPU limited. Or run in borderless window as that basically forces the game into triple buffered vsync, so it removes the double buffered limitations (but can have other issues, like microstutter or higher input lag).
Never happened to me in any game Before. But i'll test some options in Nvidia CPL. Cheers man.

The NZ flickering seems other said they had it too. Looks really bad and its everywhere you look so its pretty immersion breaking.

For the flickering (triples problem) a solution for me was to put FOV to default (slider into middle). Changing FOV makes the grass flicker go haywire. With default FOV it's almost nonexistent

All you can do is adjust seat position forward/backward, it won't cause flickering

I have a feeling Codemasters doesn't put triple screen as very high priority. Otherwise how they never figured out in testing phase, that triple users can't adjust FOV without all grass turning into strobe lights

As for the FFB, my settings are Wheel friction 0, Self align 150, Suspension I think 50. Tyre slip at default, not sure if I have seen it do anything. Wheel doesn't communicate much during braking etc.

Afaik the "Autocenter" only means that it will center your wheel at start of the rally, if you crashed and your wheel isn't centered. Shouldn't affect the actual driving (?).

That's what their official PDF about the settings says, at least:
http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-cont...t-Device-System-for-DiRT-Rally-2-0-Master.pdf

Last edited:
For the flickering (triples problem) a solution for me was to put FOV to default (slider into middle). Changing FOV makes the grass flicker go haywire. With default FOV it's almost nonexistent

All you can do is adjust seat position forward/backward, it won't cause flickering

I have a feeling Codemasters doesn't put triple screen as very high priority. Otherwise how they never figured out in testing phase, that triple users can't adjust FOV without all grass turning into strobe lights

Nahh sadly triples have never been a priority. I've asked them to properly give us TS support so they are aware it's wanted at least.

About the flickering, reducing ground cover might also help?

About the flickering, reducing ground cover might also help?
Not really, it's just fewer grass, but the remaining grass still flickers and it's just as noticeable imo.

Disabling completely is the only cure, or the FOV thing I mentioned. But with default FOV, there really isn't much flickering, if any. Once you change it even a bit, the flickering starts.

Australia is another heavy flickering stage btw.. at least for me it wasn't just NZ. Anything with grass

i participate dirt rally beta few years ago and buy the game and now i have to buy same tracks again? no no codies.
everything cost money these days not getting any cheaper to live, these people work on this game work hard just get some $$ of u they don't have make these game for us but they do i happy spend bit $$ getting better, we so lucky these company make games or have boring life without them.

Well, in my opinion Germany is the best tarmac rally location in any rally game ever.
DR2 for me has kick of the throne of RBR, with Montecarlo, sweden and Germany DLCs.

But it's very inconsistent between cars/surfaces, some feel great some not too much. Also the old recycled DR1 Stages are much more FFB detailed than the new ones, and also better handling on them. Weird.
I hope they polish the bugs/flaws the game has, and this can be a rounded rally game.
:alien:
You know what's weird for me ?
Feel like two entirely different persons were writing your post(s) mate. :geek:
Are they ? :sneaky:

As for the FFB, my settings are Wheel friction 0, Self align 150, Suspension I think 50. Tyre slip at default, not sure if I have seen it do anything. Wheel doesn't communicate much during braking etc.

Afaik the "Autocenter" only means that it will center your wheel at start of the rally, if you crashed and your wheel isn't centered. Shouldn't affect the actual driving (?).

That's what their official PDF about the settings says, at least:
http://blog.codemasters.com/wp-cont...t-Device-System-for-DiRT-Rally-2-0-Master.pdf
No i meant the normal self aligning force all sims have. If your wheels are not straight and you give it gas then the steering wheel center because of physics. It was too brutal on stock settings making my wheel swing from side to side while driving. I saw many people referencing this and saying to lowering that value. But i lowered it so its not a problem anymore.

Will test the FOV because i did indeed lower it slightly due to triples. Also mad that you cant lower the seat more... steering wheel on screen is at the bottom making it impossible to line up properly. Giving us more up/down movement in seat adjustment seems so damn easy - you would think.

Gonna test more tonight and see. Cheers.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.