DiRT Rally 2.0 DiRT 2.0 | Rally Finland Preview Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Ahead of the expected release this November 5th, Codemasters have released a nice preview video from the upcoming Jämsä, Finland rally location set to be brought to DiRT Rally 2.0 in the next few days.

Set to release as part of the 'season 3' DLC package for DiRT Rally 2.0, Jämsä is another returning favourite from DR1 - although as usual the location has been significantly upgraded and improved from the original release back in 2015.

Featuring some of the most spectacular roads in rallying, Finland has long been a fan and driver favourite thanks to the high speeds, little room for error and of course those incredible jumps!

With the stages already having proven themselves to be a popular inclusion as base content in the original DiRT Rally, Codemasters have continued their (somewhat dubious) strategy of upgrading and releasing content to DiRT Rally 2.0 as post release DLC. With the 'season 3' DLC period in full swing, Finland can be purchased as either a standalone piece of content, or is included in one of the many special edition / season pass offerings from Codemasters.

DiRT 2.0 Rally Finland Preview.jpg

With only a few days left until the November 5th release date, fans who can't quite wait to get their Finland thrills can rejoice in the glory of this rather epic 30 minutes gameplay video of the upcoming content:

DiRT Rally 2.0 is available now for PC and console.

If you like getting DiRTy with your fellow sim racers, head over to the DiRT 2.0 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for the latest news and discussions regarding this excellent game.

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Spread some love and give us a like/follow/share on Social Media!

Podcast fan? Don't forget to catch up with the latest happenings on your Podcast platform of choice! Just search 'RaceDepartment'.

Sim Racing is awesome!

I just got the latest update sorted out with the latest version of SimHub for tactile and the latest NLRv3 software and tweeked my SC2 Pro settings a bit and it's all working very well.

I'm definitely feeling more FFB from the road and the motion feels right. I jumped a number of SimHub releases so it's changed quite a bit, and I'm not quite happy with the RPM. How they have it set makes a lot of sense. I just don't have it where I like. However I really like how I got SimHub feeling in iRacing, RPM included.

LOL! Let's all have a Pity Party!

I just got a Momo 330mm Rally wheel specifically for Dirt Rally 2.0. I think I can afford a little DLC.

BTW that wheel feels GREAT and looks identical to the wheel in the Audi Rally B car in Dirt Rally 2.0 :)

But wouldn't it be so much better if DR 2.0 charged for a new stage in Finland and updated the DR1 stage and put that as base content in the game?

Wouldn't that just be better for everyone and wouldn't that make people like me buy the new stages?

It would require more work from Codemasters their team though.
Yes, it would certainly be much better. And yes, it would require a lot more work from CM team. Which, and that's the part you are kinda omitting here (either intentionally or unintentionally), would also mean it would require a lot more money. Unless you are one of the very few people who are perfectly willing to work three times as much without being paid anything extra, and expect the same from everyone else.

I mean, seriously. Just thinking about the huge amount of time and effort that must go into a single DR stage is mindboggling. And I'm sure I'm even missing a lot of the stuff that has to be done. But here we are, claiming that "it would require more work from Codemasters", as if we are somehow scolding a person who's been slacking at work and getting paid for nothing...

Yes, it would certainly be much better. And yes, it would require a lot more work from CM team. Which, and that's the part you are kinda omitting here (either intentionally or unintentionally), would also mean it would require a lot more money. Unless you are one of the very few people who are perfectly willing to work three times as much without being paid anything extra, and expect the same from everyone else.

I mean, seriously. Just thinking about the huge amount of time and effort that must go into a single DR stage is mindboggling. And I'm sure I'm even missing a lot of the stuff that has to be done. But here we are, claiming that "it would require more work from Codemasters", as if we are somehow scolding a person who's been slacking at work and getting paid for nothing...

Seriously man.

DR1 with 6 rallies cost me 25 euro, well not rallies, just 2 stages per country and then broken down into pieces and reversed.

Now you're expecting to let others pay triple or quadruple for the exact same content plus a few new ones?

Your math is off, and that goes beyond the fact we are disagreeing on "just paying money for DR1 stages in DR2". I hold you in rather high esteem as far as response and reasoning but I have a hard time acknowledging your opinion here.

from what i can see, the "recycled" stages (especially Finnish as i know them bit more than others - raced there more often) don't seem just like the retexture/reshader of existing models. It's more like "new 911 looks like previous 911 but all body panels are completely new" kind of thing.

Last edited:
DR1 with 6 rallies cost me 25 euro, well not rallies, just 2 stages per country and then broken down into pieces and reversed.

Now you're expecting to let others pay triple or quadruple for the exact same content plus a few new ones?
DR1 with 6 rallies was - on release - exactly the same price as DR2 with 6 brand new rallies, which is 50 euro (well, OK, DR2 was 55 I believe). If you paid 25 euro for it, then you either got it at the start of the Early Access phase when it was noticeably cheaper for what I would assume are obvious reasons (such as get attention for the game, create an incentive for as many people to get it early, and also compensate people for the fact they're getting basically a beta that had a fraction of its future content at that point), or you got it on sale (which you can also do for DR2, in fact I believe it's on sale right now).

So in that case, it's comparing apples and oranges.

Why can't people at least be fair in their price comparisons? And you claim *my* math is off...

This is exactly the attitude that I don't get. I picked up Dirt Rally 1.0 very cheap, maybe $14.99. It's even gone on sale recently for $9.99. My son picked it up at that price.

After wearing Dirt Rally 1.0 out, I felt guilty for only paying what I paid for it. I sure as hell didn't use that as a benchmark for value on all future software!

I was happy to pay more for Dirt Rally 2.0 Deluxe and I'll support them further by purchasing this next chunk of DLC.

Maybe developing software for a living and knowing people who build gaming software gives me a little more compassion for them and the effort they put into building these games for us to play.

I picked up DR2 for $30AUD the other day after quite a while sitting on the fence. I like the RWD and R2 cars and the gravel point to point stuff in custom mode, so I feel that I've got my money's worth. The game looks and sounds great, loads fast and runs well. The (mostly) gravel stages in Australia, NZ, Argentina, Poland and New England are really good fun to drive, and on my system the physics and FFB on gravel surpasses DR1 by quite a long way. Spain on the other hand is !@#$ing abominable. You don't have to be a rocket surgeon to expect that a loose gravel surface should make the wheel easier to turn, and a dry asphalt surface should firm it up. How the hell the reverse situation made it into the game is beyond me.

Since the first tarmac stages were released on DR1 nearly everyone has bitched about this numb floaty tarmac physics/FFB, and yet they still persist into DR2. I'd rather Codies spend time working on the central flaw of their game rather than recycling DR1 assets and pumping them out as premium DLC. Until they do, I think I'll pass on purchasing any more content.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 13 6.2%