Direct drive wheel at Lidl! (April Fools 2021)

David O'Reilly

A bad quali means I can go forwards in the race.
I picked up one of these yesterday, the quality is unbelievable.
Lidl_DDWheel.png

Wow! that's a great price for a direct drive wheel.
Maybe one of you should write a review on quality and experiences.
Would love to do that. It's so direct that it puts out 10000NM on each rotation. Unseen. During demo in our local Lidl I saw arms being ripped off flying around the store. Crazy amount of power.

Seems the Aldi is coming with a stunning cheap pedal set soon as well.

Upvote 0
The sensational low cost DD has arrived! DD 0.5
8R9673D8IVTK.png

Millions of you asked for this product and we listened! A direct-drive wheel base with near-Podium performance at the price of an entry level wheel base!

We gave this almost impossible task to our brilliant engineers and their solution was ingenious: cut our DD1 in half! Everything will be smaller, even the giftbox and the driver software.

And while we were at it, we even integrated the super-innovative FluxBarrier™ technology. I can’t really explain what it does but it is sensationally good… as if it came straight from the future.

Of course we needed to save weight to reduce the shipping costs so we made the internals from carbon fibre, another innovation for sim racing and indeed electric motors in general.

The result is our brand new DD 0.5, available for €/$ 349.95!

This product combines the latest technology at a low cost, something we could only achieve by producing it completely with robots and selling it with chatbots. Even this text was generated by our new blogbot.

Watch out for more details soon.

Upvote 0
Hopefully that Parkside Direct will make it's way to the US market.
I would have to build an 80/20 to support it but at that price, I certainly would.
Can't believe that price.
Makes you wonder if that Fanatec option is not as a result of the competition in this sector?
Anybody know what ever happened to those guys from Ukraine?

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 963434

lol you got me there xD i even start checking lidl in my country was about to tell they maybe soon came to us too xD i checked brand and was amazed that drill and lawn movers company released its own DD xD that lidl logo though xD ebay for sure would be swarmed with them rims for 20 dollars price xD

Upvote 0
  • Deleted member 197115

Had no idea what Lidl is, to be honest, we don't have this store chain in US, the price for now discontinued SC1 sounded almost reasonable. Guess only UK folks got it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Had no idea what Lidl is, to be honest, we don't have this store chain in US, the price for now discontinued SC1 sounded almost reasonable. Guess only UK folks got it. :)
Lidl is a cheaper supermarket chain you find over much of Europe, and Parkside is their in-house brand for (rather shitty) tools and stuff. Once had a Dremel clone from Parkside, it worked for like one DIY project before dieing in a cloud of blue smoke :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back