DFGT ffb/center mod

Hey all!

I just recently started to get into drifting on AC but the motor on my driving force gt gives me a hard time (centers super slow)

Now my question is; is there any (cheap) way to make the dfgt center quicker?

Hey, sorry that you didn't got any replies yet.
AFAIK the problem is the resistance in the motors itself so without swapping them out for better ones you can't change anything at all.
Such a swap out is highly complicated and I wouldn't recommend doing this to anyone! Buying a better wheel is just... The better way to go!

Anyway what might help you with your problem:
increase the general FFB! You will lose details and feeling about the grip level but that's not THAT important for drifting so crank it up and it should spin faster.
You also could activate the centering spring in the logitech profiler but that would only make the wheel spin faster into center position. But for drifting you need the wheel to spin as fast as possible into the position of the front tyres, not just to "center"...

For the FFB settings:
Profiler: overall strength to 100%. Spring and Damper set to whatever you like. Spring is inactive in AC and damper is only for around 0-5 kp/h.
Deactivate the centering spring!!

Then go into your AC settings. Put overall strength to 100% and the minimum force to 0%!
Also put slips, road, kerbs, abs to 0-5% only so they don't "take away force for spinning".

Now you should feel that the center position is quite "dead". Press "+" on your NumPad until the wheel starts to shake slightly while going fast and straight. That's the maximum force you can produce with AC settings and profiler.

I hope that helps :)

Upvote 0
And for AC be sure to check out LUT generator by Akis here in RD. It will sure make sure that you get the most out of your wheel...
With all respect: please don't.
That tool is absolutely brilliant work but sadly it just does not work for the logitech wheels.
Yes, your ffb ouput will be measured by wheelcheck as "linear" but linear feels like crap in your hands with a cheap consumer wheel like the logitech's are.
However I can't give Akis enough credits as his work helped me a lot to understand how to write a LUT file, what and how to test and in the end I came up with my LUT pack for the Logitech wheels which I didn't got a bad feedback for yet.
If you really want to go down the "LUT-Route" please contact me (on in the support thread of my download) and we can figure out what could be working your personal situation and hands. I already wrote some custom LUTs for special needs :)
Not wanting to be rude here but you can easily go down the wrong paths with all the different info on the internet so clear words are needed sometimes!

Upvote 0
Don't think you're beeing rude here. You are respecting someone's work and expressing thoughts based on your experience. In the comments there were a few logitech owners that were happy with the results, but your more suitable file could be even better. Just do share more of your thoughts if you have time because I think its an interesting topic.

Upvote 0
Some take the dangerous route and use a 30V adapter for the DFGT / G25 / G27 wheels. This makes FFB a bit stronger and the wheel spin faster. But you are overvolting the FFB motor, so it may overheat quickly (or worse). See here.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies