Tracks Deutschlandring

No fear. They are amazed at how well it all looks. And you should not forget that the D-ring is already over 70 years old. Alone in the last 20 years was changed so much.

It would have been such an awesome race track :confused: Damn you, WW2 !!! :mad:

I really prefer to use older cars on this track (Lotus 25, Lotus 49, Maserati 250F, Merc W125, Lola T70, Jag XJ13) but even modern cars can give really good racing :)

Lol, it can be released any time, the question is when Fat-Alfie will be happy enough to name it 1.0.

I guess you, guys, should keep in mind that this track is much bigger than Thomson Road.

Also as much as modders seem to be working full time on the mods, it is usually not like that. It can take weeks to find free time or motivation to continue.

Thanks @mantasisg , great answer :thumbsup:

I am taking a short break from track modding, for a few weeks, while I try my hand at car modding. This is purely a personal project at this point, because A - I want to be able to drive the car in question in AC, and B - because I wanted to learn about car modding. It's going quite well so far, and I think I will be back working on this track in about a week's time.

I would expect this track to be finished in around 8-10 week's time, if I can refocus on it :)

Thanks @mantasisg , great answer :thumbsup:

I am taking a short break from track modding, for a few weeks, while I try my hand at car modding. This is purely a personal project at this point, because A - I want to be able to drive the car in question in AC, and B - because I wanted to learn about car modding. It's going quite well so far, and I think I will be back working on this track in about a week's time.

I would expect this track to be finished in around 8-10 week's time, if I can refocus on it :)
Wish you luck with your car modding, I'm pretty sure you'll bring the same dedication to detail to that as you do to your tracks, and of course wait patiently for the track's release.

BAC Mono. The first car I ever really loved in AC was the KTM X-Bow, and I still love it today. When I read about the Mono it sounded like a X-Bow on steroids and I longed for Kunos to make a version for AC.

A couple of weeks ago I found a BAC Mono for AC online :) Unfortunately it was only the 3D mesh ripped from Project Cars, dropped straight onto the Lotus 2-11 physics file :( Downforce was 300% higher than it should have been, top speed was too high, tyres were the wrong sizes... everything I checked was wrong.

I set out to simply put the correct tyres on it, but the more I looked at the car, and the more I learned about it, the more I wanted to correct (and @aphidgod warned me this might happen) .

It now has a completely new physics file, with pivots positioned correctly (to the best of my ability), 80kg of downforce, the correct sized semi-slick tyres, proper gear ratios, spring rates... and it's a blast to drive (in my opinion). I'm sure there is lots still wrong with it, but it genuinely feels better to me, and I am learning loads along the way.

If I get to the point where I feel the physics are 'correct' I think I will probably try and make my own mesh for it, but that will be a long way off, and a whole different set of problems :O_o: I think it is probably as good as I can make it for now, with my current level of knowledge, so I will be back on the D-Ring next week :)

Nice to see you working on a car, I have no doubt you'll do a fantastic job! I'd be happy to offer any advice or help I can, but I'm sure Aphidgod has you more than covered on the physics side, and I don't think I'm quite at your level with 3ds yet :roflmao:

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much for your kind offer. I very nearly contacted you last week, when I was tearing my hair out in frustration, but I am very aware that everyone has their own project(s) and limited time. People get busy with their own stuff, and some noob asking 1000x questions is the last thing you need sometimes.

I will try and fill in as many of my knowledge gaps as I can but if I get truly stuck I may well take you up on your offer :thumbsup:

I might send you a copy of where I am though, as I have been really impressed with your work on your Dallara, and now your Focus. You seem to have a great grasp of both mesh and physics, which is what I need to be able to do.

I have just received an email regarding a revamp of Bilster Berg though, so all my plans may well go out of the window soon :)

Sorry, I have an ongoing deal with the motion rig company, who paid for exclusive rights to distribute the track.

Maybe if enough people contacted them they might reconsider making it available to the public, though. That is only an idea - we have never discussed this.
No worries, the last beta will do. It's awesome already. :)

Hi guys, just a question. Is there any way I can get my hands on the last Beta version of Bilsterberg? Would love to have this track and I think I was too late and missed out on it.

No progress for quite a while, sorry, although I will definitely complete the track.

It's probably around 60-70% done (needs 3D grass / ground vegetation mostly) but I took a break and started working on my 1960 Circuit Clermont-Ferrand (Charade) and the 1950s Feldbergring track.

There is a perfectly usable beta version if you would like to try it - it really is great fun to race on with the right cars :) It's set up and ready to go for 24 cars, complete with detailed physics mesh.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.