Denver Street Circuit

Tracks Denver Street Circuit 1.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
GutBomb submitted a new resource:

Denver Street Circuit - 1990-1991 CART Denver Grand Prix

This track was built by me in Race Track Builder. The building models and textures come from Sketchup 3dWarehouse and were made by user camelot.

Some of these buildings weren't actually there in 1990, so it's a bit anachronistic in spots, but it's still got the essence of Denver in there.

Custom shaders patch is not required, but it definitely looks better with it.

It's a pretty heavy track but it still runs smoothly in VR for me (with reprojection) with a full 28 car grid.

Features:

Read more about this resource...

really like the idea here, but from my experience with trying to fix another track that was made with the same SketchUp and RTB combination, it was really unfixable messy under the cover.

I took the liberty to peek inside the kn5, and found 2114 textures of obscure sizes (and over 2000 material entries too), like three light textures (red, yellow, green) at 4608 x 3456 pixels each. I mean it works ingame, but will never be great in performance

Last edited:
great track, just a few suggestions.
  1. Some curves are difficult to spot, due to not so clear advertising signs.
  2. Typically in city circuits the asphalt is more uneven and with many old resurfacing

Thanks! I grew up there but didn't get to go to the races. I'm also working on a Denver Pepsi Center track for the later Grands Prix so look for that... eventually.

GutBomb updated Denver Street Circuit with a new update entry:

A few fixes in 0.6

• Removed a bunch of buildings that could never be seen from the track
  • Removed many rooftops since you'll never see them
  • Shrunk down street lamp, red, yellow, and green light textures because they were huge for no reason other than laziness
  • Made a lot of the buildings in downtown only one-sided
  • Made new textures for the hotels at 14th and Welton that aren't so blurry
  • Got rid of a nasty bump at the transition from 14th St to Welton St
  • Made it so people who don't use the Custom Shaders Patch don't have building lights on during the day
  • Made the collision of walls better correspond with the actual position of the walls (No more driving halfway into a wall before the collision takes place)
  • Fixed some of the ground near the Denver Public Library and museum so elements aren't floating anymore.
  • Flattened some background streets so it didn't look so weird if you looked off-track

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
GutBomb updated Denver Street Circuit with a new update entry:

1.0 Release

• removed cars, street lamps, flags, and christmas decorations from many textures
  • added some buildings near 12th and Broadway
  • added Cathedral Basilica of the Immaculate Conception at Colfax and Logan
  • removed dead trees near 12th and Broadway
  • further optimized buildings in general
  • rebuilt pit road and the rest of Colfax Ave
  • fixed elevation problems in Civic Center park
  • removed sponsor boards next to arch at Civic Center Park
  • replaced traffic signals with lower...

Read the rest of this update entry...

First off, I wanna say great job on your effort replicating the Denver track.....
Driving the RSS IndyCar mod around here feels nothing but fitting to the theme....
Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-47-14.png

However I must address few things here.
Like Marcoca61 said further above, there are some corners that quite difficult to spot the apexes because some adsigns like Marlboro and GEO have the same background as the concrete wall. But instead of just repainting the whole thing, I suggest putting braking markers on the fences before the corners would greatly help people to go around, especially those who never saw the track before (including myself).

And these rather wonky looking ads on the pit straight needs some...readjustments.
Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-52-37.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-52-49.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-53-11.png
Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-53-28.png

Hopefully this issues will be fixed soon. Other than that it's a great job nonetheless....

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-52-49.png
    Screenshot_rss_formula_americas_2020_gb_denver_street_circuit_10-6-120-13-52-49.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 93
I have some updates planned for this track soon. I'm getting rid of some of the anachronisms to make it look a lot more like 1991, changing the traffic lights yet again, getting rid of the newer buildings and doing a major materials overhaul to make everything look a little nicer based on some stuff I've learned since this came out. Stay tuned.

A conversion for Rfactor 1 is possible. I have begining the project lost year and abandoned too hard.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 21.4%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 7.1%