Sell DD2 for Simucube 2 Pro trade

Hello guys!

This unit was bought directly from fanatec's website in October 22. The unit is extremely taken care of. Still has the 5 year warranty and comes with all the DD2's cables, torque key, and box as well. I wanted to trade this Fanatec DD2 for a Simucube 2 pro. MSRP for Fanatec's DD2 is $1499.95.

Thank you guys!

Attachments

• IMG-2227.jpg
    IMG-2227.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG-2228.jpg
    IMG-2228.jpg
    414.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG-2229.jpg
    IMG-2229.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG-2231.jpg
    IMG-2231.jpg
    535.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG-2232.jpg
    IMG-2232.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 54
Curious, why the desire to switch?

I recently tried to do the same, trade my DD2 for a SC2 pro, nobody was interested. Ended up having to return it and just buy the SC2. SRB had SUPER quick shipping tho.

Curious, why the desire to switch?

I recently tried to do the same, trade my DD2 for a SC2 pro, nobody was interested. Ended up having to return it and just buy the SC2. SRB had SUPER quick shipping tho.
So when i started sim racing i thought the settings would be too complicated to figure out. I knew that fanatec has a bigger community than simucube so they have really good profiles on fanalab forums making it extremely easy to switch between cars and get a great feeling. The only reason why i want to switch is because i have a better understanding of the settings after racing for a while. The simucube is apparently smoother so i can get that little bit more of realism, although fanatecs dd2 is smooth it does have a different motor than the SC2 which has its positives and negatives and one of those negatives is that it has torque ripple. The torque ripple is minimal to where you cant notice it while racing but if you look out for it you can sense it. I rather spend the time for each car and get that little bit more of realism. Although some say that the simucube has lower latency it is literally 1 ms quicker compared to the DD2 which is nearly impossible to differentiate. The DD2 is a great product im just looking to eliminate the torque ripple. Honestly wont be that much of a difference but I'm a perfectionist.

The biggest difference in terms of performance is the inertia and the 'slew rate' or 'torque change speed' (essentially acceleration).

The SC2 Out performs the Fanatec considerably in those areas. It is after all based on the Lenze motor, which has the quickest slew rate of any of the 'larger' OSW wheels, and a fraction of the inertia of even the small mige, which in turn has a fraction of the inertia of the Fanatec Podium wheels.

Easy decision in my opinion if it is performance/feel you're looking for.

I certainly liked the feel of the DD2 much more. I just have kids that like to beat on it so the bulletproof tank of a QR is what made me switch.

Im sorry I didnt mean to derail this the way I did. I feel like im turning it into a comparison topic.

The biggest difference in terms of performance is the inertia and the 'slew rate' or 'torque change speed' (essentially acceleration).

The SC2 Out performs the Fanatec considerably in those areas. It is after all based on the Lenze motor, which has the quickest slew rate of any of the 'larger' OSW wheels, and a fraction of the inertia of even the small mige, which in turn has a fraction of the inertia of the Fanatec Podium wheels.

Yes the motor definitely outperforms the DD2 in smoothness but the latency has actually been tested by sim racing garage simucube being 3-6 ms vs fantatec’s 4-6 ms

Last edited:

Fanatec's speed is definitely higher by using the outrunner. If only they were smoother

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back