Datsun 240ZG IMSA GTU - #33 Bob Sharp Racing - Road Atlanta 1975

Skins Datsun 240ZG IMSA GTU - #33 Bob Sharp Racing - Road Atlanta 1975 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Langheck_917 submitted a new resource:

Datsun 240ZG IMSA GTU - #33 Bob Sharp Racing - Road Atlanta 1975 - 1975 IMSA GTU Championship Winning 240Z driven by Bob Sharp

Attached is a high definition replica of Bob Sharp's Datsun 240Z built to IMSA GTU specifications. The livery has been built up for use with the gd_nissan_240zg model.

Perhaps one of the most iconic Nissan racing liveries, the red/white/blue Z cars of Bob Sharp were campaigned throughout the 1970s, attaining many trophies...

Read more about this resource...

very cool, thanks.
It allows to re-make IMSA great hours.

Just a question : in the second skin, what is the car (anbd where can i download it) behind the datsun, beside the corvette 67 ?
Look like a Mustang but couldn't find it anyway

very cool, thanks.

Just a question : in the second skin, what is the car (anbd where can i download it) behind the datsun, beside the corvette 67 ?
The car beside it is a Dekon Monza. It ran AAGT from 76 to 80. The Mustang was also ran AAGT in the late 80s. The Monza was more successful due to guys like Al Holbert driving it and Huffaker Eng. running a car along with Chris Cord had one. I thinbk Legion may have a version of at least one of them maybe both. I have been running the 240Z with the Ac Legends GTR cars they fit well.

The car beside it is a Dekon Monza. It ran AAGT from 76 to 80. The Mustang was also ran AAGT in the late 80s. The Monza was more successful due to guys like Al Holbert driving it and Huffaker Eng. running a car along with Chris Cord had one. I thinbk Legion may have a version of at least one of them maybe both. I have been running the 240Z with the Ac Legends GTR cars they fit well.
Thank but i don't speak of the dekon wich i known.
I speak of the white car with blue stripes.

Attachments

• unknown.jpg
    unknown.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 67
very cool, thanks.

It is the GTP Ford Mustang Cobra II, which was built to compete against the Chevrolet Monza IMSA cars in ‘76. You can find it listed on Velos Mods Workshop .

Last edited:
Thanks, very beautiful cars. But hte physic is a bit unbalance with other IMSA car.

A big thank for the link on real races !
There is a bunch of variance on a lot of these cars. There are two Dekon Monzas out there and they have a huge variance in just themselves. The Mustang was never competitive if you look at the results. It seems to DNF a lot but I am not sure it was ever running upfront when it broke. I run the Datsun 240 with the AC Legends GTR carset and it seems to fit well.

Thanks, very beautiful cars. But hte physic is a bit unbalance with other IMSA car.

A big thank for the link on real races !

There is a bunch of variance on a lot of these cars. There are two Dekon Monzas out there and they have a huge variance in just themselves. The Mustang was never competitive if you look at the results. It seems to DNF a lot but I am not sure it was ever running upfront when it broke. I run the Datsun 240 with the AC Legends GTR carset and it seems to fit well.

Yeah, the photo is just for historical accuracy. Without adjusting skill and aggression of the AI, the ZG struggles to keep up with its contemporaries. Nothing concrete about what sort of cars these need to compete with. I don't mess with data and performance models too much. So unless someone takes the interest in making a competitive version of this, or another form of Z, we're stuck with this.

Yeah, the photo is just for historical accuracy. Without adjusting skill and aggression of the AI, the ZG struggles to keep up with its contemporaries. Nothing concrete about what sort of cars these need to compete with. I don't mess with data and performance models too much. So unless someone takes the interest in making a competitive version of this, or another form of Z, we're stuck with this.
The 240Z ran a different class GTU for cars with under 2.5 liter engines. GTO would be for cars with over 2.5 liters and later GTX was for cars over 2.5 liters and built to Group 5 specs so the Porsche 935, the K3 Kremer, Zackspeed Mustang and Capri along with BMWs 320. Both the Dekon Monza and the Mustang II Cobra Kemp built were to keep up with that group. The 240 in the game does well with the 911 RSRs and such since they were closer to the GTU class of cars. In the late 70s and early 80s with the RX7 came out Datsun struggled with the 280ZX. Sharp, Electramotive and Don Preston Racing (Carney/Davenport drivers) did race the 280ZX. Carney and Davenport finishing 4th overall in the early 80s at the 24 hour race at Daytona. Either way the 240s make a great addition to the Ac Legends GTR cars and seem to be able to mix it up with the well. I also added a 914/6 GT tho it is a bit off pace compared to the 240s

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 170 87.2%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 56 28.7%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 70 35.9%