Dashboard on wheel vs wheel base

maxilogan

Premium
Hello to everybody, I would like to add a dashboard to my Thrustmaster TX for which I just bought an F1 add-on rim.
While I see that many of the custom rims have an embedded screen, I'm wondering if such a solution is convenient on the TM F1 add on with regards to two aspects: the first being to add even more weight to the rim (which is quite heavy by itself already) by adding a screen or phone to it. The second aspect is - should I use an old phone - how sturdy the support should be in order for the phone not to be damaged during the initial setup phase. Adds even more bulk.. not to mention the USB cable it would need to be powered up.

On the other hand, I saw that many people here have a dashboard installed on the wheel base. I see this as a much more viable solution as it allows for the USB cable to be routed together with the wheel base ones for a neater wiring, and also the display does not move with the wheel so it's not subject to hits and bumps, and remains always readable (though it may be covered by the rim in the corners).

What do you guys have on your wheels? Rim mounted or base mounted? Are you satisfied with your setup? Any suggestion as to what to use (phone + Sim Dashboard or similar apps, Vocore display etc.)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back