INDYCAR IR18 2023 MOD!

Cars INDYCAR IR18 2023 MOD! 2.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
AMS 2 recently had update. I Updated boot files, game, and verified game files with JSGM mods removed for Indycar mod. Mod and cars are all there. When I launce game it crashes. I had everything working before update. Any suggestions ?
be sure to have AMS2 bootfile, because easy to make mistake and download PC2 bootfiles ( exaclty identical of AMS2 )

luijo updated DALLARA IR18 2023 MOD (Road Version) with a new update entry:

New Update Is Out!!

Just in time for the Indy500 we present to you the biggest update to the IndyCar mod!

Features:
- Full IndyCar 2023 grid with teams & drivers ironed out to provide the best racing possible!
- Unparalleled authenticity
- Over 60 liveries distributed between the 4 racing specs
- 3 different steering wheels to match current teams (more to come!)
- Rookie designation (yellow rear)
- Specific 2023 aero/body for Road/Oval/Short Oval/Short
- Guayule Tires for Street Tracks...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm having some form of installation issue. I have made sure that I downloaded the correct bootfiles (AMS2) for the latest version (1.4.7.2), made the modifications to vehiclelist.lst and driveline.rg, and enabled them in JSGME in the correct order (INDYCAR_2023 before bootfiles), and the cars show in the car selection list, but when loading into a session, the game crashes.

I'm having some form of installation issue. I have made sure that I downloaded the correct bootfiles (AMS2) for the latest version (1.4.7.2), made the modifications to vehiclelist.lst and driveline.rg, and enabled them in JSGME in the correct order (INDYCAR_2023 before bootfiles), and the cars show in the car selection list, but when loading into a session, the game crashes.
Have you recheck all modified files if you forget a letter or symbol over the copy paste ?

Have you recheck all modified files if you forget a letter or symbol over the copy paste ?
1685298310959.png

1685298327964.png

Then try a freash install, mean, AMS 2 and mod
Still crashes after a fresh install of the game (renamed Documents/Automobilista 2 folder as well) and fresh install of the mod, then bootfiles.

EDIT: I also tried to install one of the mods from the bootfiles download page just now and while it shows up in the car list, it also crashes the game in the same way while loading into the session. Here are the steps I am following for both mods:

1. Download mod and latest bootfiles
2. Extract mod car folder and bootfiles folder out of their downloads to the /MODS folder
3. Activate mod car via JSGME (I'm using OVGME but that shouldn't be the issue)
4. Edit vehiclelist.lst and driveline.rg in the bootfiles folder (I've used both Notepad++ and VSCode to edit those files, no difference)
5. Activate bootfiles via JSGME (OVGME)
6. Run game, select car, load into session, observe crash.

Also, with unedited bootfiles activated, the game can still load stock cars.

Last edited:
Still crashes after a fresh install of the game (renamed Documents/Automobilista 2 folder as well) and fresh install of the mod, then bootfiles.

EDIT: I also tried to install one of the mods from the bootfiles download page just now and while it shows up in the car list, it also crashes the game in the same way while loading into the session. Here are the steps I am following for both mods:

1. Download mod and latest bootfiles
2. Extract mod car folder and bootfiles folder out of their downloads to the /MODS folder
3. Activate mod car via JSGME (I'm using OVGME but that shouldn't be the issue)
4. Edit vehiclelist.lst and driveline.rg in the bootfiles folder (I've used both Notepad++ and VSCode to edit those files, no difference)
5. Activate bootfiles via JSGME (OVGME)
6. Run game, select car, load into session, observe crash.

Also, with unedited bootfiles activated, the game can still load stock cars.
are you sure you have the right bootfile, there is 2 bootfile and easy to make mistake, you have probably bootfile of PC2

Hello. I'm having the same issue as Steven Pirier.

I've been installing mods in AMS2 for quite some time. I'm certainly not an expert, but I can get my way around. I followed every instruction and the mod still crashes when loading the track.
I had no problems at all with the old version. Also, never had any kind of problem with cars and tracks from both Thunderflash and PC Modding Team.
Also, the previous version of this INDY mod still works fine.

I think the problem is in the mod itself and I might have a hint of why this is happening: more cars than AMS2 allows.

Here's a print of my mods enabled. Again, everything works fine with current bootfiles. I really think the problem is with this mod.

1685310246210.png

Last edited:
i want to know, for both of you, did you play with the previous version or its your first time on that mod.

Why i'm asking, because if you already played on previous version but just overwrite old mod with the new one, can cause a problem. Try to delete Indycar 2023 folder in mod folder and put the fresh new one.

I've test it, mod work fine on my side

Last edited:
I think that one solution would be to edit the vehicleslist.lst file and delete some cars. Maybe you could take a look at the vehicle list from the previous version of this mod, copy and paste. Or maybe just delete the Indy 500-only drivers, such as Tony Kanaan.
Sadly, I don't have time to try this today. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.

I think that one solution would be to edit the vehicleslist.lst file and delete some cars. Maybe you could take a look at the vehicle list from the previous version of this mod, copy and paste. Or maybe just delete the Indy 500-only drivers, such as Tony Kanaan.
Sadly, I don't have time to try this today. I'll let you guys know tomorrow.
All car are installed except MyTeam, but try to check your AI option before race how many is selected

i want to know, for both of you, did you play with the previous version or its your first time on that mod.

Why i'm asking, because if you already played on previous version but just overwrite old mod with the new one, can cause a problem. Try to delete Indycar 2023 folder in mod folder and put the fresh new one.

Yes, I played all the previous versions of this mod since the first release.
No, I never overwrite older files with newer ones. I always delete everything and install it all over again.
Here are the steps I take every time a mod updates:

1. Disable _bootfiles and mod with JSGME.
2. Delete the old mod. Install the new one.
3. Check out both at the PC Modding Team website and Thunderflash Discord server to see if there's any update or any issues with the bootfiles.
4. Edit both the vehicleslist.lst and the driveline.rg files with the new lines. Here I take care to delete the lines from the previous version and paste the ones from the current version.
4. Install the new mod and bootfiles with JSGME.

I never had any CtD problems while using mods before. This is the first time.

All car are installed except MyTeam, but try to check your AI option before race how many is selected
Yes, I also followed the instructions contained within the AI_Grid_Numbers_README.txt:

"Road courses 27
Ovals 28
Indy 33"

I tried Imola and Interlagos with 27 AI, crashes. I tried Fontana with 28, crashes. I tried Indy with 30 or 31 (the max allowed by AMS2), crashes too.
Tried the same combination of tracks + AI numbers, but using different vehicles. I tried GT3s from AMS2 and GT3s from ThunderFlash mod. Everything worked fine.

Yes, I also followed the instructions contained within the AI_Grid_Numbers_README.txt:

"Road courses 27
Ovals 28
Indy 33"

I tried Imola and Interlagos with 27 AI, crashes. I tried Fontana with 28, crashes. I tried Indy with 30 or 31 (the max allowed by AMS2), crashes too.
Tried the same combination of tracks + AI numbers, but using different vehicles. I tried GT3s from AMS2 and GT3s from ThunderFlash mod. Everything worked fine.
all your try was made with wich car ?

I also tried the previous versions of this mod when they came out. Same install procedure. They crashed as well. This mod (and all car mods I've tried) has never worked for me.

Obviously I'm not overwriting the old version with the new version, that would be dumb.

Latest News

What is the reason for your passion for sim racing?

• Watching real motorsport

Votes: 463 70.0%
  • Physics and mechanics

Votes: 283 42.8%
  • Competition and adrenaline

Votes: 305 46.1%
  • Practice for real racing

Votes: 135 20.4%
  • Community and simracers

Votes: 179 27.1%
Back