Current State of Modular Mods

ParkYongLee

Modular Mods Creator
Ladies and Gentlemen and whoever feels like a stone, cat or a wall today,

as many of you will surely await MoMods to come back alive in F1 23 and want to know, if it's going to happen...

I can tell you only: Hopefully kind of...

We've messed with Codemasters just too long, so they finally changed things, which makes it currently impossible to adapt the previous MoMods constellations to F1 23.
Many of the assetgroup files we needed and changed are now probably hidden in the game.dat file and the files we see are actually useless.

We will try to see, if we can find a way around or which files we can use, but don't expect wonders or a comfortable usage as it has been.

Most affected mods currently would probably be chassis swaps and also face swaps (play as ...).

So long, thanks for using MoMods the past few years and stay tuned for updates.

-PYL

Last edited:
So...
some useful mods would probably be:
  • F1 team original erp files with embedded mips
    • alternatively a single all-in-one liveries erp file with embedded mips (but less compatible and users have to use EEA)
  • Performance merged erp file
  • MyTeam to F1 chassis swap erp (in theory)
  • Fomswap F1 team erp file for each team (in theory)
Not as packaged mods:
  • DRS*
  • Track AI
  • Reverse Grid Order*
  • Teampackages (garage, facility, stuff, suits etc. etc.)
  • Driver swaps (if possible at all)
*people would need to import with EEA, so I will probably not create it

But all those erp mods will overwrite some of the existing ones from either game_package (prefered) or ui_package (or just their original f1 teams' erp files).

Modular extra content is RIP.

Last edited:
Currently there is a testing stage for semimodular mods within the discord community.
If all goes well, we can work with 7 files to serve as modular erp files or replace dummies.

Not much, so we'll probably have:
  • performance mod
  • face swaps (needs two or three slots already)
  • f1 chassis for myteam
  • fom chassis for f1 teams
No big teampackages, no modular livery packages. If someone is able to create a tool, which edits hex content as batch, so I can change the external mips to be embedded, I'll create replacers for f1 team erp files for easier mod compatiblity.

I really don't know why EA/Codies have tried their best to feck us up this year?
My bet: It's a licence and contract issue for them. Playing as (icon) drivers, using different chassis in MyTeam surely should be prohibited by their contracts with FIA, FOM or whomever. So I am not surprised.

My bet: It's a licence and contract issue for them. Playing as (icon) drivers, using different chassis in MyTeam surely should be prohibited by their contracts with FIA, FOM or whomever. So I am not surprised.
Yeah, I tend to agree, also it must sicken them that modders can design better car model & racewear which are a hell of a lot better than the :poop::poop::poop: they try to "sell" to us.

I mean, who would want to pay for their gawd awful liveries when you can install superior designs. The realism that some of the unofficial mods bring with them makes for a truly immersive experience

So again I have got to say, thank you, along with Maian & MKramer for making it all possible and for your dogged determination in trying to figure something out for this game :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Reactions: SiP
It is a bit frustrating they can find the time to clamp down on mods while they can't even release one of their most advertised features (red flags) without a major bug making it basically unusable. But alas.

Thanks to an already existing fork of EEA, progress is going faster and smoother. So you can expect the first Semi-Modular-Mods within the next few days. Supporting @.André. 's Playable Driver mod.

It will be different how things need to be used this year, but I prepare it hopefully the most convenient way again.

Chassis swaps and stuff containing textures, which people want to change, will take longer - as I am awaiting a new tool which helps even more in embedding the mips again.

Dank einer bereits bestehenden Abzweigung der EEA geht der Fortschritt schneller und reibungsloser vonstatten. Ihr könnt also in den nächsten Tagen mit den ersten Semi-Modular-Mods rechnen. Unterstützt den spielbaren Treiber-Mod von @.André..

Es wird dieses Jahr anders sein, wie die Dinge genutzt werden müssen, aber ich bereite es hoffentlich wieder auf die bequemste Art und Weise vor.

Chassis-Austausche und Dinge, die Texturen enthalten, die die Leute ändern möchten, werden länger dauern – da ich auf ein neues Tool warte, das noch mehr dabei hilft, die Mips wieder einzubetten.
Danke Danke, Eure Arbeit ist nicht hoch genug einzuschätzen.
Merci an Alle

Reactions: SiP

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 30 16.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 24 13.0%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 27 14.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 26 14.1%
  • Friday

Votes: 67 36.4%
  • Saturday

Votes: 102 55.4%