CSL Elite (PS4) wheel rotation in Assetto Corsa?

I recently got a Fanatec CSL Elite (PS4 version) and can not get it to properly align with the wheel rotation in game. For example, if I, as many people suggest, set both the wheel (SEN option) and the Degrees in content manager (CM) to 900° and turn the wheel 180°, the wheel in-game only turns a bit less than 45°. I have also tried using 1080°, setting the values in the Fanatec software and using SEN AUTO on the wheel, with and without the auto-adjust scale option, and any combinations I could think of. In order to get the correct amount of rotation I have to align my wheel to the in-game one by changing the SEN setting, which for most cars I have tried ends up at around 40. Although this aligns the wheel, I am then getting problems with the force feedback, especially when drifting. It is hard to describe, but when self-steering (I let go of the wheel) during the drift, the wheel in some cases bounces off a soft boundary before going all the way around and starts bouncing back and forth. This does not happen when the wheel is set to AUTO, 1080 or 900.

EDIT: I found that the rotation only perfectly matches the one in F1 cars and then gets progressively worse as the rotation of the car increases, from 20° off in a GT3 to 40° off in a road car.

I have spent several hours the last few days searching, but have not found anything related. The only posts I could find say that the game is supposed to automatically adjust as long as the wheel and CM degree settings match, which it obviously does not in my case. I would be very grateful if someone has a suggestion as to what I could try next or if there is something I have overlooked.

I included all my settings and version numbers below.

Thanks!
Jan Philip.

Fanatec PC driver: 328
Fanatec Wheel Base Firmware: 630
Fanatec Wheel Base Motor Firmware: 18
Content Manager Version: 0.8.1976.36095 (x86)

My current CM settings are:
Invert: Unchecked
Degrees: 900
Gamma: 1.0
Scale: 100%
Auto-adjust scale: Unchecked
Filter: 0%
Speed sensitivity: 0%

Gain: 75%
Invert FBB: Unchecked
Filter: 0%
Minimum force: 0%
Kerb, Road, Slip, and ABS effects: 0%
Enhanced understeer effect: Unchecked
Softlock: Unchecked
Skip FFB steps: 0
FFB Post-processing and Experimental settings are left unchecked as well.

Current settings on wheel (Tune menu):
SEN: 900
FF: 100
SHO: 100
ABS: 20
DRI: -2
FOR: 100
SPr: 100
DPR: 100
BRF: 60
FEI: 70

Last edited:

Attachments

• 1a.png
    1a.png
    271 KB · Views: 702
  • 1b.png
    1b.png
    902.6 KB · Views: 731
  • Fanatec_PS4.ini
    7.7 KB · Views: 244
Upvote 0
I have the same wheel and all rotations match with each car, so I will help you out ;)

Thank you for taking the time to reply with your settings! Apart from the effects and the experimental settings, mine are identical. After reading through even more forum posts i found the solution in a thread by someone on the T300 that had the same issues. The problem was caused by the View and UI setting Steering wheel limit, which for some reason was set to 200, so no car would turn the wheel further. My wheel was turning the right amount all along, but the visuals were constrained by the setting.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back