CSL DD users: which CPU and motherboard?

I have more and more issues with my current PC which has a Ryzen 5 5600X and an MSI motherboard and they unfortunately also impact FFB. That means I will switch to an Intel CPU.

If you have a CSL DD (or other Fanatec wheelbases) running without issues, what CPU and motherboard do you have? Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

old intel 9700k and z390 Auros pro wifi Motherboard here. No issues so far. But honestly I dont see how your cpu/mobo is causing FFB issues. The 2 arent related unless you motherboard has failing USB headers. maybe get a pci usb hub for starters? FFB issues are almost always software issues or the actual wheel base is
faulty

Upvote 0
My CSL DD came back from RMA and I'm told by Fanatec that there is nothing wrong with it now. I have the same issues with my CSL Elite, and also on a PCI hub. I've tried basically everything I could.

Apparently there's quite a few issues with B550 and Z570 boards and not all of them have been fixed by new BIOS and chipset drivers. That's why I want to switch from AMD to Intel, seems like there's less issues with them.

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea