Cars Crosskart X-treme

Status
Not open for further replies.

General_Failure

OLD SKOOL RULES
General_Failure submitted a new resource:

Crosskart X-treme [BETA] - 1.3L Hayabusa i4 RWD

View attachment 345498
An alternative version of Reiza's Formula X Dirt, considerable faster and lighter (now powered by a classic hayabusa engine), with a modified cockpit and a whole new suspension concept (overall more dynamic). You'll find 2 icons on the main menu depending you want to race on asphalt or dirt. The mod is still a beta but more or less it's 90% done, so any review & suggestion is welcome.

I guess this will be my last mod for AMS. I spent a great time...​

Read more about this resource...

Wow, lift-off oversteer to the X-treme! (Even when I turned down the steering ratio to 20:1.) Fun cars with great graphical and audio updates!

The AI are very slow--hopefully you can adjust them to match the normal Reiza parameters. The Dirt version seems good on straights, but is very afraid of corners ;)

The YouTube video is set to private. Currently away on a break at the moment and wanted to hear what these sounded like before downloading when I get home. You do great work though, so I'm sure I won't be disappointed!

Wow, lift-off oversteer to the X-treme! (Even when I turned down the steering ratio to 20:1.) Fun cars with great graphical and audio updates!

The AI are very slow--hopefully you can adjust them to match the normal Reiza parameters. The Dirt version seems good on straights, but is very afraid of corners ;)
Hey Marc. I'll do my best with AI, but it's not easy with this kind of suspension with low mass, AI tends to be careful. Anyway I think this could be improved.

General_Failure updated Crosskart X-treme [BETA] with a new update entry:

Update v0.9 > 1.0

Changelog

[Physics]

- Center of gravity raised and adjustments in suspension. Beta karts was too stable for my taste, and I want a crap and fun crosskart with a biiiiiiiig engine :p

[Engine]

- Inertia coefficient updated

[Sounds]

Previous sounds didn't convince me at all, the busa should be really intense, so I reworked them from other source. And this time your neighbors will really hate me !!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Impressive sounds! Gonna get the 1.0 ASAP. Excelent work as always, thanks General!

If I may ask for something... Would be easy for you to make that little light at the back of the car work like a functional brakelight? I know this car problably doesn't have it, but a brakelight is soooooo useful when racing, that even Reiza have created one for the MCR2000 :)

Thanks again!

General_Failure updated Crosskart X-treme with a new update entry:

Update v0.9 > 1.0

Changelog

[Physics]

- Center of gravity raised and adjustments in suspension. Beta karts were too stable for my taste, and I want a crap and fun crosskart with a biiiiiiiig engine :p

[Engine]

- Inertia coefficient updated

[AI]

- AI performance improved

[Sounds]

Previous sounds didn't convince me at all, the busa should be really intense, so I reworked them from other source. And this time your neighbors will really hate me ...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Impressive sounds! Gonna get the 1.0 ASAP. Excelent work as always, thanks General!

If I may ask for something... Would be easy for you to make that little light at the back of the car work like a functional brakelight? I know this car problably doesn't have it, but a brakelight is soooooo useful when racing, that even Reiza have created one for the MCR2000 :)

Thanks again!
Agree, now it sounds as should be. Regarding the brakelight, it's not a bad idea, but the current light is too small (the speed limiter). Taking note for next udpate.

by the way, thanks for the quick fix update.
I did downloaded the 1.0 pack and there was no engine sounds, just tranning sounds.
Gonna test again tonight.
Cheers!

Yes, thanks for update! Sound is now fantastic!

AI are still way too slow and it is all in the corners. They can match the straightaway speeds easily, but then get very scared on the corners. For your reference, the dirt version should be doing about 32.4 or 32.5 at 100% strength in Q at Tykki Dirt 1. The asphalt version should be able to do 56.7 or 56.8 in Q at Velopark. Those speeds would match the typical Reiza calibration. But as mentioned, it is not just a matter of bumping up the overall speed. It is some settings related to cornering/grip that are causing the problem. Just wanted to give you simple test goals if you are able to find the needed adjustment.

Yes, thanks for update! Sound is now fantastic!

AI are still way too slow and it is all in the corners. They can match the straightaway speeds easily, but then get very scared on the corners. For your reference, the dirt version should be doing about 32.4 or 32.5 at 100% strength in Q at Tykki Dirt 1. The asphalt version should be able to do 56.7 or 56.8 in Q at Velopark. Those speeds would match the typical Reiza calibration. But as mentioned, it is not just a matter of bumping up the overall speed. It is some settings related to cornering/grip that are causing the problem. Just wanted to give you simple test goals if you are able to find the needed adjustment.
Really appreciate your calculations, but I'm totally lost. I wonder how do you get those values. These karts are absolutely different from vanilla ones, very different weight, power, aero, dynamics and tires grip. All is different. I can't with them at 110%, even at 105% is a head to head fight for me :p

I just drove those times myself (with your default set-ups) using my Renato-like calibration skills ;) I know what is required to match the Reiza default.

You do see that both versions are cornering so slowly? But on the straights they are fast? My suggestion is that the cornering speeds be adjusted first to see if that can cure the issue. If so, no need to touch anything else. Do you want me to help? I am not a car mod expert (I do know a lot about AIW, though). But testing is easy--just keep letting the AI qualify at the two tracks above and when the best one gets to those speeds you can probably stop. No need to drive yourself!

I will tweak the HDV file now a bit and see what it produces. If lucky, that will fix the problem. The player car drives beautifully (both of them)...which is curious if they are using the same tires? The tire modding may be so extreme that it is causing some issues? I'll report back after checking AI speeds and then driving with them on the track for verification.

I just drove those times myself (with your default set-ups) using my Renato-like calibration skills ;) I know what is required to match the Reiza default.

You do see that both versions are cornering so slowly? But on the straights they are fast? My suggestion is that the cornering speeds be adjusted first to see if that can cure the issue. If so, no need to touch anything else. Do you want me to help? I am not a car mod expert (I do know a lot about AIW, though). But testing is easy--just keep letting the AI qualify at the two tracks above and when the best one gets to those speeds you can probably stop. No need to drive yourself!

I will tweak the HDV file now a bit and see what it produces. If lucky, that will fix the problem. The player car drives beautifully (both of them)...which is curious if they are using the same tires? The tire modding may be so extreme that it is causing some issues? I'll report back after checking AI speeds and then driving with them on the track for verification.
Be my guest, thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play