Cross-platform racing in Assetto Corsa 2

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
I hope Assetto Corsa will allow us to race against PC, Playstation and Xbox users with a true cross-platform experience. A wider sim racing community with more online players will be an amazing addition to any hardcore sim racing title.

Let me know if you like this suggestion by up- or downvoting it please via the voting buttons on the right hand side of this page ----------------------------------------------------------------->

My concern is one of modding. The moment you go cross platform you typically loose mods because its not something really done on xbox or PS. That I feel is a bigger loss to a game like AC. So long as we can still have modded servers then I am find with cross platform for vanilla content.
If a server has a modded car or track, since the file types are the same between platforms, I don't see why you can't simply be asked to "download" the content you don't have. In AC there would be an issue: custom fonts, driver and crew suits, helmets and gloves. In AC2, tThe system should "know" all the related files and download them all, otherwise the files should be stored into the car folder, in order to make easy this process.

From what I've seen, cross-platform never really works. When a game is made for PC, the console versions are released several months later and we get the countless "what about consoles?" tweets on Twitter! :D

The opposite is a game like F1, developed for consoles, which means an absurd situation like no mouse support (and no VR) for a PC title in 2021.

If we want a real sim, then it's PC all the way. The only reason a studio ports a title to consoles is too make money, in my opinion.

Last edited:
If a server has a modded car or track, since the file types are the same between platforms, I don't see why you can't simply be asked to "download" the content you don't have. In AC there would be an issue: custom fonts, driver and crew suits, helmets and gloves. In AC2, tThe system should "know" all the related files and download them all, otherwise the files should be stored into the car folder, in order to make easy this process.
I.e. basically make CM an official embedded tool in AC2 cross-platform solution. I like it.

Last edited:
Why do i want crossplatform, if my console friends can't download (For example) RSS2025 formula hybrid mod?

This is kunos... not bethesda....
16 TIMES THE DETAIL

Last edited:
My concern is one of modding. The moment you go cross platform you typically loose mods because its not something really done on xbox or PS. That I feel is a bigger loss to a game like AC. So long as we can still have modded servers then I am find with cross platform for vanilla content.
as long as the base game stays updated is ok

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back