Tracks Create a drift layout on existing circuit

Hello everyone, I would like to try my hand at creating layouts for drift racing on existing circuits.
I state that I have tried both with Blender and with 3DS Max, but in both cases the problem is always the same. When exporting 3DS Max says that some textures are not compatible with the program, while Blender doesn't give me an immediate problem, but when I export from KS Editor it is as if all the textures have disappeared. I also tried to export the circuit without any modifications, but the result doesn't change... Any ideas on what to do?

Assuming you used Content Manager to get the circuit in the first place, then it should create 3 things
1. filename.fbx - the 3d model
2. filename.fbx.ini - the AC-specific material settings for the 3d model
3. texture\ folder - contains the textures from the model

In order to reuse the materials and textures, you need to open it in kseditor using the exact same fbx filename in the same place as those other files were created. If you rename the fbx, kseditor won't find the ini file. If you need to rename the fbx, then make a copy of the ini, and also open it, search for "filename.fbx" and replace that with your new filename as well.

If you didn't use content manager, well... you're on your own, other tools are not really going to 'do the right thing' in the first place so you're probably just going to need to create the materials yourself.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back