CPU temps and Graphics

I posted a cpu temp thread over on the official forum and got some good replies. I thought I would post here because you can never get enough information. So since version 1 was released, you know how excited I was but......... That excitement is now tinged with a little concern about my cpu temp in game. When the game is running and I have 22 or more AI then my cpu is running close to 90° raceroom runs at 52 max. I've got the fan turned up to 100%. I have I7 6700k, acer predator 34p and 1080ti. I've turned the graphics down to high apart from temporal which is on epic. A lot of people say I need better cooling while others say it's ok to run that high. I don't want to spend money when it's only 1 sim as all the others run lower. I just need reassuring lol.

almost unbelievable
I see what you did there :rolleyes:
If you feel the need you can always go on my YT channel and see other videos ive done at different times of year (Aussie summer and all) and you will see a few different games all at with OSD showing temps just so you may see the unbelievable become believable :cool:

Last edited:
Well the case, cm storm enforcer has a massive top exhaust, some extra mesh at the rear to evaporate heat from the gpu, a big, clear intake and the closed top of the front is actually mesh with a cover.
That combined with a 200mm noctua fan at the front and the same at the top alone gives a massive air flow, working together with the natural behavior of hot air going upwards.

Then at the rear another 120mm noctua fan and one of the best single tower coolers on the cpu with another 140mm noctua fan.

Noctua fans are basically the best of the best. I find them ugly but they are pretty quiet while creating a lot of air flow in comparison.

This adds to 660mm of most efficient fans plus a case with lots of holes at the right places and a really good cpu cooler (70€ here in Germany).

I'm always in favor of air cooling against aio water cooling. Custom loops are a different thing though.

What I like about air cooling is that you get no pump so if the fans get lowered, it's dead silent.
Also it cools everything else. The airflow going through the mobo passive stuff, the hard drives etc.

I'm having no doubts the noted temps are the truth. Especially since you say when stressing the cpu for real it goes up to around 60 degrees.
Staying at 45 degrees when running prime95 would be highly suspicious but during simracing. Totally believable!

Get yourself a high air flow case and fans + cooler for 200€, then we talk again about what's possible with air cooling :D

(I was catching up with this thread and was really confused by some of the comments talking about how apparently rude some of the comments were. And I just couldn't understand what the hell was so rude here. And then I noticed the small "show ignored content" link... ;) )

I see what you did there :rolleyes:
If you feel the need you can always go on my YT channel and see other videos ive done at different times of year (Aussie summer and all) and you will see a few different games all at with OSD showing temps just so you may see the unbelievable become believable :cool:

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're lying, I'm just genuinely puzzled as to how you can get those temps - "During last summer here in Australia it maxed out mid 60c but last night was actually mid 40c load and 23c idle". When you say "load", are you talking about normal gaming load or max (100%) load? What's the ambient temperature in your room? I have a good case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro) with a very clean installation and a good cooler (Corsair h110i GT) and here in the UK with an ambient temperature of about 14C (its summer!) I'm getting low 60s whilst gaming, which I thought was pretty good.

Please don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you're lying, I'm just genuinely puzzled as to how you can get those temps - "During last summer here in Australia it maxed out mid 60c but last night was actually mid 40c load and 23c idle". When you say "load", are you talking about normal gaming load or max (100%) load? What's the ambient temperature in your room? I have a good case (Phanteks Enthoo Pro) with a very clean installation and a good cooler (Corsair h110i GT) and here in the UK with an ambient temperature of about 14C (its summer!) I'm getting low 60s whilst gaming, which I thought was pretty good.
Did you see the video i posted ? That is with a room at around 20c , the "last night" temp was when my room was around 14c , this is gaming load in ACC i was referring too as per this thread topic ;)
If i have a night gaming and check temps in HWInfo after it usually shows avarage temps to be mid 40's and max 60's and during last summer with ambient getting into 30's i had average in 50's and max 70's , this is gaming temps .
If i bench or stress it will obviously go higher ! This is a video i made (for a forum mate) last July before i put all the Noctua fans in but still the same cooler ! Temps shown upto 4.9Ghz using CPUz benchmark for a quick reference ;)

Cap the FPS

Also had issues with ACC and GPU temps.

It was killing it running at 99% usage. Got up to 79 Celsius. (gtx 2060 gigabyte 2 fans).

No other game could come close to that temp
battlefield 5 (max 67-68 Celsius)
ac1 (max 60 Celsius)
fifa 19 (max 64 Celsius)

Only until I capped ACC fps to 75 fps (since monitor is 75 Hz anyways)

Than temps get below 70C.
Now even with full grid of AI I can hover around 67-68C.

CPU temps are also higher than other games, I get 60-65C with CPU but that I can live with have noctua cooler. I am 30C away from melting point lol.

I use MSI Afterburner to set up the overclock and fan profile for my RTX 2060.

When racing I run the fans at full, everything at Epic, average 70ish fps and temps in the mid 50s.

Get the fan profile right and it can help lots.

When racing I run the fans at full, everything at Epic, average 70ish fps and temps in the mid 50s.
In general I would personally prioritise noise over GPU/CPU temps - so I'd run the fans as slowly as would keep the temperatures "safe enough" (like at or below 80 ish). However I must confess that I haven't bothered tuning my current rig cos I'm almost always using headphones when stressing it enough for it to get loud :D

After reading through this post I checked my PC with the back of my hand and the glass side panel was pretty hot so without checking any actual temps I just fitted two 140mm fans in the roof of my case and now the glass is much cooler. Not very technical I know but now I am confident that my system is not stressed. I usually get around 90-120 fps with 19 AI.

ACC is certainly a good test on your cooling, even sitting in the menu takes my GPU up to >90% utilisation. During a race I can normally maintain 60 FPS at 4K with all settings on high or epic with 29 AI, but in certain lighting/rain it can drop into the low 50s.

The cpu generally sits around 60-70C and the GPU close to 80C, but the H115i cooler is pretty loud.

ACC is certainly a good test on your cooling, even sitting in the menu takes my GPU up to >90% utilisation. During a race I can normally maintain 60 FPS at 4K with all settings on high or epic with 29 AI, but in certain lighting/rain it can drop into the low 50s.

The cpu generally sits around 60-70C and the GPU close to 80C, but the H115i cooler is pretty loud.
Disable bloom while being in the menu. Drops the gpu load a lot.
On the track itself, bloom is barely 1% gpu load but in the menus there's a bug and it's 30% or something.

Created a thread in the official forums, it's a known issue to the devs.

So many problems with ACC, threw the towel in the ring, water cooled GPU and CPU, took advantage
of my G-Sync, run it at 60 Hz , all settings on very high, mostly Epic.
Butter smooth.:)
Not a perfect solution, run AC at 120 Hz, because of
the overall image quality in ACC, quite happy with
ACC at 60 Hz.

I posted a cpu temp thread over on the official forum and got some good replies. I thought I would post here because you can never get enough information. So since version 1 was released, you know how excited I was but......... That excitement is now tinged with a little concern about my cpu temp in game. When the game is running and I have 22 or more AI then my cpu is running close to 90° raceroom runs at 52 max. I've got the fan turned up to 100%. I have I7 6700k, acer predator 34p and 1080ti. I've turned the graphics down to high apart from temporal which is on epic. A lot of people say I need better cooling while others say it's ok to run that high. I don't want to spend money when it's only 1 sim as all the others run lower. I just need reassuring lol.
90 degrees is hot and it will reduce the lifespan of a cpu in the long run, however you probably won't ever get to this point. I would suggest getting a better cooler, since the heat from your cpu is also heating up other parts which are less resistant.
Just be sure your case is capable as well.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.