CPU physical cores to run mp online

Hello everyone,

how many physical cores does my cpu need to play AC online? I've recently bought PC2, only to find out later that it needs 4 cores to calculate the car physics adequately, making my car from 2 to 10 seconds per lap slower than all the other players.
I have a dual core CPU so I got screwed on that front, and cannot even compete offline, since even on optimal car setups and driving completely on the limit, my car is a few seconds slower than normal.
Thus, I'm thinking about buying AC to play online, but I certainly don't want to find the same issue I found with PC2.
Thanks!

mmm, it barely meets minimum requirements and it's a laptop so probably runs a bit slower too. AC can run on 2 cores but 2.6 ghz is tough.

I don't think you would be slower but online other cars would jump around a bit... AC definitely has lower requirements than PC2 and people have run it on potatoes but you'd need somebody with similar specs (gpu/ram included!) to confirm how it actually works.

I would think that it is possible.

But you will need to run everything in AC at absolute minimum ☹️ I do mean everything, and just accept a very
poor image quality. If you have a good fast
Broadband connection then online could be
possible.

Hmm, I just checked the minimum requirements, and a 4200U is MUCH better than the min. CPU. However, the stated min. CPU is probably a bit optimistic (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHz, with much worse IPC than a 4200U).

Yes, you've only got two physical cores, but it has HT, and most of us have already experienced how bad AC is at using much more than one core anyway... Having said that, the GPU might be a bottleneck anyway, so I do agree that one way or another you'll be at very very basic settings to achieve decent FPS. NB: people who like to run multiple apps on screen are frequently heard complaining about how they can't get decent FPS even on a 4.5GHz+ i7... :D

I have never tried it, but I believe you can get a Steam refund if you try a game and it sucks on your hardware, so maybe it's worth a try?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.