MGP19 Couple of questions on riding mechanics from a new player....

I've been playing this for a couple of days and I feel a little confused about how the weight shifting works.

I'm no expert when it comes to two-wheeled racing games but I've played a fair bit of the Ride games (and love them), and in those I got into the habit of holding forward pretty much any time I'm not in a braking zone. In GP19 however, I find that if I hold forward then when i get into 4th gear, the rider suddenly comes out of his tuck position and sits up straight for no apparent reason. If I stop holding forward as I'm accelerating through 3rd gear then it doesn't happen so I'm trying to get into the habit of doing that.

So question 1:
I don't understand the weight-shift mechanic, why does he suddenly sit up straight when holding forward in the high gears?...and when is the correct time to lean forward/ leave the weight neutral? (and I'm assuming I should still lean back as I go into the braking zones?)

Question 2:
Any general advice on correct braking technique for this game would be very welcome. At the moment I'm braking straight with front and rear together and then letting go of the rear brake as I turn in, while trying to gently roll of the front until I get into the apex. Is this a good approach? I notice that the AI can consistently out-brake me into the corners and they're always diving up my inside (although I do often get them back again on corner exit).

Question 3:
At least once every lap or two I seem to experience sudden and unexplained under-steer in the middle of a corner. I'll get into full lean, feather the throttle a little and then the bike will just suddenly sit up into a half-lean and I run straight off the track. I can't figure out why this happens every now and then. Has anyone else experienced the same issue and if so, is this down to bad cornering technique in some way?

Many thanks for any help.

(Edit: I'm riding GP bikes btw)

In regards to your third question - I can't confirm this but a video review (from around the launch date) suggested that the soft tyres installed would very often throw the bike around when cornering and changing from 2st to 2nd gear, often highsiding the rider off the bike (I think I'm remembering this right..). I know this isn't the same issue as you mentioned but the reviewer suggested the tyre issue seemed more if a glitch than anything and changing to hard tyres solved it do maybe give this a try? It's possible that issue was since patched out I'm not sure. I've only just purchased the game myself and have been away from the series since '14 so not much help in afraid but good luck!

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 18 24.3%
  • Prizes

Votes: 16 21.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.8%