Resource icon

Misc CouchMode 1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
xf08 submitted a new resource:

CouchMode - A GamePadFX script for CSP.

Implements a simpler smoothing on the input that just linearly slows the attack and release. Some may prefer this option. I now wish every racing game scales it like this for gamepads.

You have the whole lock at any speed, you don't have to inc speed sensitivity and lose input scale to gain control at high speeds.

Speed sensitivity is implemented in that it increases smoothing at higher speeds rather than scaling the input, but thats the matter of preference.

Gamepad controls in AC...

Read more about this resource...

Not a question. Just here to say once again: Thank you for this script! I really love how it works, it is perfect. Maybe with the new update rumble feels different, but not a big issue

Last edited:
my steering is so slow like slow motion and my gamepad is vibrating constantly.. i did everything as instructed.. is this how its meant to be?

I really like it for drifting, because it doesn't overcorrect too much.

I got two issues though I'd like to correct, maybe you can help me out.

1) When you start countersteering manually, to straighten the car back out while in full angle drift, there is a very brief steering action in the opposite direction happening, which obviously ruins smooth drifting. Which setting does that and what do I need to change?

2) I'd like to smoothen the manual input at full angle drift a bit, or at least slow it down, but without loosing that direct feel (steering filter and gamma don't seem to work that good).

Thanks!

I really like it for drifting, because it doesn't overcorrect too much.

I got two issues though I'd like to correct, maybe you can help me out.

1) When you start countersteering manually, to straighten the car back out while in full angle drift, there is a very brief steering action in the opposite direction happening, which obviously ruins smooth drifting. Which setting does that and what do I need to change?

2) I'd like to smoothen the manual input at full angle drift a bit, or at least slow it down, but without loosing that direct feel (steering filter and gamma don't seem to work that good).

Thanks!
Any help on how I can fix the turning in the wrong direction when countersteering mid drift, and smoothen the inputs?
It works so great apart of that.

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 23 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Yearly

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 4 1.6%