Copa Classic

I'm really enjoying the new cars in AMS. Which of the cars in class are fastest and which are your favourites?

Up until yesterday I was mostly driving the Copa Uno and Cat.B Uno and really enjoying them. Yesterday I tried the Cat.FL Gol and the Passat with and without the wing all at Taruma. For me the wingless Passat was the fastest of the 3 with the other 2 a few tenths behind. The FFB seems a little more harsh in the Gol but it felt better in a few of the fast corners, I actually thought it was going to be faster than the Passat.

I really like the FL Passat. The HotCars Passat not so much though because extreme pendulum effect.
Yeah it is a great car, I'm wondering if the Fusca will be faster or not. Next time I do some racing I will be testing the Fusca at Taruma to see if I can go faster than 1:16.2 in the wingless Passat. I tried the hot cars Fusca but didnt really like it (and I dont think it liked me) I drove with some AI and while I was going as fast as I could mid corner without the thing understeering into a bush the AI drove by like I wasnt moving :O I probably should have tried it at a track I've driven before.

I don't like racing any of these old cars to be honest. A nice free addon that's all to me.
That's fair enough, different strokes for different folks, for me these cars are the reason why I keep firing up AMS rather than other sims at the moment. I really don't like driving high downforce cars so these are much more my cup of tea than all the F1 cars and modern Brazilian stock cars.

The Fusca is definitely faster as can be seen with the AI qualification times. I have not spent too much time with it but it is tricky to drive as the rear really enjoys spinning out when you abuse kerbs at the wrong speed. The Passat is the opposite: it is extremely forgiving and you can throw it around in corners without fatal consequence.

I don't like racing any of these old cars to be honest. A nice free addon that's all to me.

Same here! I was lucky enough to be racing an actual Formula Vee last Thurs, Friday, Sat. When I came home I really wanted to try these and they WERE SO SLOW... I needed to keep up my adrenaline level and
these cars didn't do it. To be fair, the Formula C in Project Cars felt pretty slow too.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/6204365

I'm not going to discourage Reiza from giving us free stuff though! Stuff like the old Opalas and Copa Montanas are very fun, for example.

Same here! I was lucky enough to be racing an actual Formula Vee last Thurs, Friday, Sat. When I came home I really wanted to try these and they WERE SO SLOW... I needed to keep up my adrenaline level and
these cars didn't do it. To be fair, the Formula C in Project Cars felt pretty slow too.

https://www.race-monitor.com/Results/Session/6204365

I'm not going to discourage Reiza from giving us free stuff though! Stuff like the old Opalas and Copa Montanas are very fun, for example.
The slowest of these little cars can do similar lap times to the old Opala's I think. This is based on AI lap times (120%) in the Opala though so it might be a little faster in human hands. The Opala was faster on the straights but around Ibarra it was slower over a lap than me in the little Copa Uno.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back