AMS2 Copa Classic B @ Goiania, Tuesday 18th October 2022

Automobilista 2 Racing Club event

Redvaliant

AMS2 Club Staff
Staff
Premium
RD-R9.2.jpg
This Tuesday sees the return of the bantam weight class of old bangers, the Copa Classic Bs, now with added Mini! These wee terrors throw front wheel drive, rear wheel drive, 4 speeds, 5 speeds and modest horse power into the mix and see what sticks.
Goiania is yet another hidden gem of a Brazilian track, featuring sweepers and tightening slower corners which combine for a great flowing lap.

Whether you are a rookie racer or a seasoned veteran our casual club races are for everyone and every skill level. We combine fun events with discord chatter and a warm welcome to all our premium members.

Mini-RD.jpg

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM #3 Bangers
Server Password: PM will be sent on signup.
Server Settings: X2 fuel, X2 tyre wear, light cloud
Setups: Open
Assists: Auto Clutch, Factory Defaults
Track: Goiania
Cars: Copa Classic B: Puma, Uno, Mini, Chevette, Golf, Passatt.

Copa B Liveries
copa-classic-png.525367

Discord: Join us on the #Automobilista-2 voice chat during the event. Join our Discord here and check out the #read-this-first how to setup and syncronize your premium account.

Time Table

Race 1.
Practice: 19:00 UTC (30 minutes)
Qualifying: 19:30 UTC (15 minutes)
Race: 19:45 UTC (25 minutes)

Race 2.
Practice:
20:10 UTC (5 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:15 UTC (5 minutes)
Race: 20:20 UTC (25 minutes)
20220303155118_1.jpg

Rules: Read or watch our racing club rules

Entry List
  1. Redvaliant
  2. Munkyboo
  3. GeekyDeaks
  4. Bas Kriesels
  5. Eric S
  6. PurgerUK
  7. T1MKO
  8. Lloyd Johnston
  9. Free Spot
  10. Free Spot
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot

Last edited:
Hi Guys, added. The only difference is in FWD or RWD preference. I've put up the practice server, and in my quick test of a few cars, they are all within about 1 second a lap. The Mini is awesome!
ss144313.jpg

I assume its the standard track? Do want to mention that this track is pretty big for this class especially as we will not be running with 20+ cars on it. It will be a pretty lone race for most of us.

If it's a shorter version? Please mention this.

Put me down for a spot Daniel, although I have upgraded my Logitec G29 to a Fanatec Clubsport v2 with a Clubsport BMW M3 GT2 wheel and I haven't had much time with it yet, but the 10 mins I tried the difference was pretty dramatic. Will take a bit more settign up than my old Logitec to get the best from it I think.

Put me down for a spot Daniel, although I have upgraded my Logitec G29 to a Fanatec Clubsport v2 with a Clubsport BMW M3 GT2 wheel and I haven't had much time with it yet, but the 10 mins I tried the difference was pretty dramatic. Will take a bit more settign up than my old Logitec to get the best from it I think.
Great update Tim. What wheelbase do you have?

Eric, I've got a CSW v2. FFB is totally different to my Logitech. The wheel also has vibration motors to add into the mix.:)
I never quite got the G29 to work anywhere near as well on PC as it seemed to on PS4. The likes of GT Sport really seemed to squeeze the best out of it

EDIT: the CSW is belt drive right? I'm guessing it's a lot lot smoother

Last edited:
I never quite got the G29 to work anywhere near as well on PC as it seemed to on PS4. The likes of GT Sport really seemed to squeeze the best out of it

EDIT: the CSW is belt drive right? I'm guessing it's a lot lot smoother
Scott, Yes it's belt driven (dual belt I think) and so much smoother and a lot more powerful FFB, I had it set to 80% for G29, I've had to turn it down to 30% as it was getting painful after a few laps!

Hey Tim. That's are great upgrade. Did you go for a new one? I thought the new range of DD wheels would have superceded the Fanatec belt drive wheels. I have the CSL Elite and it was a big step up from my 10+ years of Logitechs. I got so tired of the gear noise/vibrations of the G wheels. Belt is better, but I'm ready to go to direct drive next, there's still too much harshness and vibrations on my wheel when its working hard.

Hey Tim. That's are great upgrade. Did you go for a new one? I thought the new range of DD wheels would have superceded the Fanatec belt drive wheels. I have the CSL Elite and it was a big step up from my 10+ years of Logitechs. I got so tired of the gear noise/vibrations of the G wheels. Belt is better, but I'm ready to go to direct drive next, there's still too much harshness and vibrations on my wheel when its working hard.
Daniel, no finances restrict me to used kit at the moment, although I'm eyeing the new Moza bundle as possible future purchase.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.