Convert tracks from GTR2 to Race07 without GTR2..?

Is it even remotely possible to do this? Is there any way to create a HAT without GTR2?
Thanks in advance.. (I tried the GTR2 demo.. but that was futile.. )

1 Set compatibility settings on the nocd patch.
2 Open .trk file, then you'll find this section (You will find it on top of page) ***********************************************************************
CUBEASF
//-------------------------------------------------------
SearchPath=GameData\Locations\shared
SearchPath=GameData\Locations\"mod folder's name"
//-------------------------------------------------------
MASFile="mod's name".gtr MASFile="mod's name"Maps.gtr MASFile=skies_central/north/south.gtr
MASFile=Misc.gtr(some mods don't have this line)
MASFile=TeamMaps2.gtr(some mods don't have this line) ***********************************************************************
Look at this line: MASFile=skies_central/north/south.gtr
If it says "skies_north.gtr" or "skies_south.gtr", the mod won't work, because "skies_north.gtr" and "skies_south.gtr" don't exist in GTR2 demo version.
So, if it says "skies_north.gtr" or "skies_south.gtr", you need to change to "skies_central.gtr" to work the mod.

It actually works! And it is perfectly legal.. wow. THANK YOU :D

EDIT: I copied Skies_central.gtr to skies_north.gtr and skies_south.gtr, so I do not have to edit the .trk file every time. I also installed gtl-gtr successfully so I can drive more than one car. This solution also creates HAT files in Documents/gtr2 so it is all that i needed. What a wonderful pre-christmas present :D

Last edited:
It actually works! And it is perfectly legal.. wow. THANK YOU :D

EDIT: I copied Skies_central.gtr to skies_north.gtr and skies_south.gtr, so I do not have to edit the .trk file every time. I also installed gtl-gtr successfully so I can drive more than one car. This solution also creates HAT files in Documents/gtr2 so it is all that i needed. What a wonderful pre-christmas present :D

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.