Controls Stopped Working

I have been driving Assetto Corsa for about a month. Now, I get all the way to the drivers seat on my selected road, and none of the controls work. I hear the audio just fine. My hands don't leave the wheel to change gears and the throttle does not work. Everything else seems fine. Any thoughts?

Check USB controller settings and look whether your system recognizes your wheel.
(shortcut: win-R -> "joy.cpl" <ENTER>, or look around in System Preferences)
That's the only thing that comes to mind in this case.

Maybe it would be helpful to tell us what hardware you are using. :)

If its a Logitech-Wheel, from what I've read in the last couple of weeks, newest version of GHub causes a lot of problems with both AC and ACC.

Last edited:
Maybe it would be helpful to tell us what hardware you are using. :)

If its a Logitech-Wheel, from what I've read in the last couple of weeks, newest version of GHub causes a lot of problems with both AC and ACC.
Oh Yes. Logitech G923 Racing Wheel and Pedals for Xbox X|S, Xbox One and PC featuring TRUEFORCE up to 1000 Hz Force Feedback, Responsive Pedal, Dual Clutch Launch Control, and Genuine Leather Wheel Cover I am using a Vive Pro headset and a VR ready hp PC.

You mean deleting the wheel settings in content manager? Just delete and re-enter each pedal and gear setting for each button?
Nope, I guess you saved a configuration, if I remember well everybody did, at first use.
In CM you go to Settings -> Assetto Corsa -> Controls and you get the assignment page. On the lower right part of the screen you see 4 buttons, the one on the left is a list of your pre-saved wheel configs. You just have to re-load your config by clicking the left button and choosing your fav wheel config. I am not saying this is what solves the problem but everytime I faced unworking controls it was the solution.

Last edited:
Are you using content manager? If so, try to simply reload your wheel config.
It happened more than once to me: starting a session, controls not working, exit, reloading wheel config, restarting the session and everything is ok
This happens to me all the time, and I use VR so I am not that happy to find my mouse and keyboard to end up the race and see whats going on, loading screen just you watching in the VR, your neck doesnt last forever so you wanna be using the vr just when you playing, not troubleshooting.

But yeah I kind of realized that I always keep CM in the background, but when I finish a session I unplug the wheel usb and power, then plug it back the next day or so, CM wont kick in for some reason the buttons, both on the gearbox and the wheel, however the wheel, pedals and gears work, I guess is CM that doesnt detect the hardware was unplugged and re plugged back.

So either rescan controllers or close and open CM. it usually makes it work (plug all the wheel and stuff before opening CM)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.