Upcoming Events

Rookie friendly WTCR sereis Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Weekly BMW races on Simracing.GP Other regular AC events on Simracing.GP Weekly GT3 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly GT4 Sprint Races on Simracing.GP Weekly rFactor 2 events

Controller issues when wheel is plugged in

Greg Latty

Premium
Anyone eles have strange behavior with games that use controllers when a Racing wheel is plugged in? For example, Some games I would play would have strange inputs with my xbox one controller until I plug out my thrustmaster tx. If so does any one know a fix for this besides having to plug out my wheel? Its very incovenient since the wheels USB and power are in a hard to reach area..

Kenny Paton

Staff
Premium
Yes I've had issues with my xbox pc controller if I had my wheel plugged in.
Fortunately my wheel is easily reached to unplug.

RasmusP

Premium
Yep, same.

Constant "look upward" anyone? :roflmao:
It's mostly the right stick on my Xbox controller that "gets stuck" even without using it, just randomly.

It can be stopped by centering the wheel completely Iirc. But like.. 0.00° center.

Greg Latty

Premium
thanks for the tip. I will check it out
Windows has a Game Controllers utility: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\joy.cpl
If you invoke that and select the xbox one controller, then Advanced..
there is an option to select the device you want to use with older programs.

Greg Latty

Premium
Yup, happens with a lot of games. Easiest solution I found was to put all my sim hardware into a USB hub and just turn that off when I'm not in the rig.
lol yah mine is all on a USB hub but thats what's a pain in the ass to get to. haha. maybe ill just get a usb cable extension since my current one isnt detachable