Content Manager & Assetto Corsa & Changing Tires & Racing online

Very complicated title I know, but I have a complicated question.

When I let Content manager scan my cars, CM tells me that the tires on some of my cars are obsolete and offers a bunch of replacements to choose from. The same goes for sounds.

I'd like to change my tires to a more current model BUT ... I am afraid that this will mess me up when I sign up for races with a non-spec tire or a car/tire combo that the RD server will not recognize.

Can I make upgrades to tires & sounds and still get into RD or SRS on line races?

Short and clear:
Sounds are fine (afaik), tyres are not!

Sounds are not physics related so there isn't an "anti-cheat" going on. Tyres are physics related so the server will spit you out when you try to connect.

On the other hand I doubt that we or srs will ever use a mod car that would need changing the tyre data :)

Can't speak for sounds, but if you change the tires you will not be able to race online unless the server has also made the exact same change.

Short and clear:
Sounds are fine (afaik), tyres are not!

Sounds are not physics related so there isn't an "anti-cheat" going on. Tyres are physics related so the server will spit you out when you try to connect.

On the other hand I doubt that we or srs will ever use a mod car that would need changing the tyre data :)

Thanks guys! It sounds like the best thing to do might be don't change anything on cars that will be raced on-line ... but everything else is fair game.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 24 21.2%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 19.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.3%