ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads

Misc ConsoleFX: A Console-like script for Gamepads 1.06

Login or Register an account to download this content
Geraint Thomas submitted a new resource:

Console-like Controller - GamepadFX - Play Assetto Corsa with a controller in a natural way!

Console-like Controller - GamepadFX

Before I start, this script was initially built by Akeyroid7 (Twitter @Akeyroid7, credit where it's due).

What is it?

In short, it allows an almost console-like gamepad experience. Almost.

Thanks to Content Manager's new Gamepad FX scripts, gamepads are now usable in Assetto Corsa. Gamepad FX allows a LUA script to monitor and change inputs to aid controllers. If anyone's enabled 'Steering Assist' for...

Read more about this resource...

Basically, AC was never meant to be played with a gamepad. Left and right on a gamepad equates to a full 900 degree lock to lock, hence why it's impossible to drive with a gamepad without assistance.
So what I did since 2014 was an impossible task?

I pasted the base_custom_geraint into the joypad-assist folder but I can't find Gamepad FX.
1660761741843.png

1660761765630.png

Seems to work great on GT3 and the ASR Formula Cars. I'm having broken front suspension on some JDM Cars that seem to exceed steering angle at low speed which then snaps the tyres under the hood not common before with my personal settings. Maybe something to note.

Seems to work great on GT3 and the ASR Formula Cars. I'm having broken front suspension on some JDM Cars that seem to exceed steering angle at low speed which then snaps the tyres under the hood not common before with my personal settings. Maybe something to note.

I'm having the exact same issue here. Would love to use this script properly but this has been a recurring problem and would love to know how to fix it.

I'm having the exact same issue here. Would love to use this script properly but this has been a recurring problem and would love to know how to fix it.
Funnily enough, I've found this issue too when bumping into a wall. Apparently it's a known bug with AC, but it's clearly amplified by my script. I can lower the steering angle, but high speed corners may suffer (no longer flat at Eau Rouge, etc).

I'll see what I can do. What car are you using for me to replicate the issue?

Funnily enough, I've found this issue too when bumping into a wall. Apparently it's a known bug with AC, but it's clearly amplified by my script. I can lower the steering angle, but high speed corners may suffer (no longer flat at Eau Rouge, etc).

I'll see what I can do. What car are you using for me to replicate the issue?
The recent release of the Nissan Silvia S14 C-Spec https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/marikos-nissan-silvia-s14.53586/
On the SRP PTB Shibuya TEMP start you have to steer to the left on the start and just full throttle to get the angle to follow the lines and correct right steer to avoid crashing. It often just snaps having max steering angle and full throttle. Even respawning breaks the front suspension if you don't center again. The issue probably is more severe with drift cars and especially purpose built drift cars that exceed normal camber.

There are more presets coming with CM but the one for Drifting has a normal drive and drift mode switch, it is super sluggish I don't know what values would be required to make it useful, but to me it's steering is extremely slow with the "Gamepad Force" Script. It almost feels like it is designed for nascar ovals with low speed but precise corrective steering when doing racing the mode switch probably should open that up to Formula Drift's highspeed entry drifts I think.

The recent release of the Nissan Silvia S14 C-Spec https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/marikos-nissan-silvia-s14.53586/
On the SRP PTB Shibuya TEMP start you have to steer to the left on the start and just full throttle to get the angle to follow the lines and correct right steer to avoid crashing. It often just snaps having max steering angle and full throttle. Even respawning breaks the front suspension if you don't center again. The issue probably is more severe with drift cars and especially purpose built drift cars that exceed normal camber.

There are more presets coming with CM but the one for Drifting has a normal drive and drift mode switch, it is super sluggish I don't know what values would be required to make it useful, but to me it's steering is extremely slow with the "Gamepad Force" Script. It almost feels like it is designed for nascar ovals with low speed but precise corrective steering when doing racing the mode switch probably should open that up to Formula Drift's highspeed entry drifts I think.
Fixed!

Just tested Kai Banksy's Skyline V-Spec Performance from the SRP Carpack :) No more snaps when doing full lock without throttle either so no more rollovers because of broken suspension! It feels a bit slower in the initial steering but seems to work well even with the high speed corrections. The Steering seems in sync with the edge of tyre slip angle now - Seems great now! I'll test another GT3 and some Touring Car to see if they are effected.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.