Confused

Hi,

I am brand new to sim racing. I have a good PC (over 150 fps during a full race) and a G29 wheel and pedal set. I am focusing on Assetto Corsa and Brahrain (this because the F1 season opener will be there).

I am trying to figure out setting for racing in the game. I loaded a posted setup for the Hybrid 2020 and it seems to work for me. I am running a race weekend with practice and qualifying and a 5 lap race. I raced real sports cars when I was younger (a Daimer SP250 in California and I did OK). I have had this system for about a week. I tried some races, and I seem to be doing too well. My lap times average about 1:38 and I have won all of the races I have tried so far. I keep raising the AI skill level (the last race it was at 95%). I won the last race by 10 seconds. That doesn't seem right to me. The good sim racers are running the AI at 100% to 110% (I assume from what I have read) and I don't presume to be that good. There must be something wrong with the way I have things set up.

Can any of you experienced folks give me some feedback. Do I need to reload Assetto Corsa or am I better than I think, or something else????

Thanks for the help,
Bill

Last edited:
Hi,

I am brand new to sim racing. I have a good PC (over 150 fps during a full race) and a G29 wheel and pedal set. I am focusing on Assetto Corsa and Brahrain (this because the F1 season opener will be there).

I am trying to figure out setting for racing in the game. I loaded a posted setup for the Hybrid 2020 and it seems to work for me. I am running a race weekend with practice and qualifying and a 5 lap race. I raced real sports cars when I was younger (a Daimer SP250 in California and I did OK). I have had this system for about a week. I tried some races, and I seem to be doing too well. My lap times average about 1:38 and I have won all of the races I have tried so far. I keep raising the AI skill level (the last race it was at 95%). I won the last race by 10 seconds. That doesn't seem right to me. The good sim racers are running the AI at 100% to 110% (I assume from what I have read) and I don't presume to be that good. There must be something wrong with the way I have things set up.

Can any of you experienced folks give me some feedback. Do I need to reload Assetto Corsa or am I better than I think, or something else????

Thanks for the help,
Bill
Raise it up until you have a challenge.

AI can be tricky to setup for a good race, specially when you are dealing with mod tracks and cars

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back