configure opponents strength

Hello everyone.
I'm trying to match ai performance and mine.
I've found it that around 85 to 89 is my sweet spot, but the ai strength slider changes up and down and with that i have my opponents with 80 too slow for the race.
Is there a way to include all of them around 85 to 89 ?
I also didn't understand the grid preset strength configuration and its relation to the race opponents strength.
I tried changing the race strength to only 85 and could see that my opponents were with 100% instead of the 85%.
Appreciate if someone could explain all these settings.
Thank you

Setting the AI to have a fun and rewarding race is and always has been a issue with every game. Don't want it to be too easy, and don't want it to be too hard.

In my experience, using Content Manager and CSP 1.79 I do have fun races with the AI.

I set the AI strength to 90% and use the modifier built in to + or - 5 % That makes their strength from 85 to 95% (randomly)

And I run AI Aggression at 85% + or - 10. It is not a perfect solution, but it works for me and I don't rage quit this game as often as I do with other games when the AI just boots you off the track for no reason.

So, use content manager and CSP 1.79 (or whatever) and set the AI parameters with the sliders within those apps. (And always run a full qualifying session so the AI is set to the race grid accordingly.)

Most importantly..Have fun!! It's a game and it is supposed to be fun.

Hello @Johnny Speed.
Thanks for the tip.
I will try your settings.
Do you have some sort of configuration of aí on grid preset ?

Other question is if some of them make unnecessary pit stops.
With me some aí make pit stops even if the race duration does not need to.

Thanks again.

Do you have some sort of configuration of aí on grid preset ?
No, I only use the sliders on the race weekend settings screen.
Other question is if some of them make unnecessary pit stops.
With me some aí make pit stops even if the race duration does not need to.
A lot of that depends on what car/track combo you are using. Are they mod cars? Mod tracks? Or are they official Kunos cars/tracks that came with the game?

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.