Comparing car performance AC/ACC

Trying to sync up driving in AC and ACC, same car, same track, obviously. The attached AC setup is a bit like the ACC "safe" setup, number wise. It behaves very differently in AC, though. Cannot really compare times this way.

Default ACC camber in the rear is actually out of limits for AC. That is a bit surprising if both cars are supposed to have come out of cooperation with the teams and laser measurements.

Other settings are not easily transposed because either game tends to not use physical units in setup values (N/m, Ns/m etc), but some abstract things that you need to map to physical units.

I also noticed that ACC drops that dual setup values thing, where you would set -say- toe in the setup values, like in the real car on the lift, and you then see what value you actually get when the car is sitting there. This was a good feature.

Driving these things the usual reminder about the AC tire model comes up. In AC the tires are cold before you even get from hotlap start point to start/finish line.

Sound in ACC is better.

The biggest impact for me in ACC is the console interface. I hate those things. I also hate those humongous TV-scaled HUD elements.

Attachments

• acc-ish.ini
    1.7 KB · Views: 269

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back