F1 2011 Codemasters, Obvious things you should know about a F1 car

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Things I'd like to see in F1 2011 - general discussion/feedback sharing

1: present F1 cars do have clutch to be used in the start. There is 2 paddles in the wheel for this purpose.

2: present F1 cars do have a pad in the wheel to use engine brake

3: F1 cars have differential and brake adjustmant buttons in the wheel

4: without these commands its IMPOSSIBLE to simulate anything

5: The community would be glad to beta-test the game before its release. Please give my 50 USD back until you release the final product.

I apologize to all staff members for the inconvenience this thread may have caused.

The post title could may lead some to beleave/feel it was like a request, rather than an ideas/feedback share on a specdialized non-official forum of the Codemasters title. Wich is the main goal of such forums as stated by themselves.

Thanks for your reply with all respect

Don't need to read anything from anyone.

It's a little silver disc like object you buy from a shop to put in either a PS3 XBOX or PC.

You then do what with it? .......Play it?......Yup!!!

Guess what that makes it?

A GAME FFS!!!!

One question though.

Do you drive at home at the desk or wherever you drive, fully dressed in 2 layers of firproof clothing, driver suit, gloves, and helmet?

If not, why not?

Could it be it's because you a just playing a .........wait for it...........GAME!!!

JEEEEEEZ!!

Codemasters OFFICIAL OBJECTIVES AND MARKETING SAY THAT IT IS A SIMULATOR.
If what youre saying is true...
Why there is a HUGE market of simulators including: iRacing, rFactor, Forza, GT, GTR, NetKar, Flightsimulator...
Those millions of people are crazy? At home, wearing fireproof clothes?

Those 30.000 people on iRacing, asking for improvements on the tyre model (which has been done after that), are crazy?
Laser scanned tracks... a crazy geek job?
Or just passion for he control finesse needed to handle multi math-variables models also known as... automobil machines?
Or theyre people who have fun with... simulators?

I cannot have an airplain, so Im not allowed to play realistics flight simulators?

Fanatec, Thrustmasters, making 600 USD F1-like wheels... to a bunch o crazies...

Do us all a favour and go and play in the road.

Codemasters OFFICIAL OBJECTIVES AND MARKETING SAY THAT IT IS A SIMULATOR.
If what youre saying is true...
Why there is a HUGE market of simulators including: iRacing, rFactor, Forza, GT, GTR, NetKar, Flightsimulator...
Those millions of people are crazy? At home, wearing fireproof clothes?

lucian, simple fact is this, it won't happen, keep dreaming and maybe one day it will become true. now please stop complaining about this here, it is pointless, you want your voice heard then please go to the official Dev Forums, they will tell you what is what.

Thanks.

*Sigh* As many has stated already its a game, its not even meant to be a full-sim racer so quit yapping about all the 'sim' stuff. Many people dont even realise how hard it is to make a game these days, especially of the quality like F1 2011. It's not that bad over here but if you look at the CM forums you get the feeling 2012 comes early, im suprised CM even tries to make games like this with such ungratefull customerbase. Only thing they do is screaming and crying about the bugs (THAT EVERY GAME HAS AT RELEASE!!).
You have the right to complain but why here? these forums have nothing to do with CM, excepts their games, and you only sound childish. And you're not even complaining about bugs/glitches or whatsoever, about stuff that is in the game that YOU would like to see in the game and you're even demanding it since you bought the game and expects it to be there. Well, boohoo. It isnt in the game, will never be too i guess. Dont want it myself, even if its that important, the game is hard enough already for me:p

iRacing a simulation? I've been a huge fan of Papyrus and have been racing since their Hawaii beta spending thousands of dollars on phone bills back then. But I've always wondered why these race cars in their simulations always handled worse than my minivan. I ran couple laps at Sears Point in iRacing in late model, I went a little too hard into turn 2 and went off road at 60mph. Shouldn't be a big deal but it just keeps on going straight as if it's on ice. Wake up... it ain't real.

It's obvious that you consider yourself as the "holy" sim racer but there currently is no "simulation" in the market. The are ALL games. One game may have a feature that others may not. This game for example has changing weather that others do not. To me that's more realistic than the weather that doesn't change in other games. It's game design choice.

I bought the game through Steam...

But what youre saying is interesting because here in my country (Brazil), the Law forces a manufacturer to refund a consumer if he is not satisfied within 7 days.
Even in software case and in any other contract.

In the US, if you buy a hardware through the internet (what Ive already done using international shipment services), you can get a refund as well.
You live in a great country!

Not sure if anyone mentioned this (only quickly scanned the thread) but Codemasters are heavily limited by what FOM say due to terms of the license. In development they had a much better damage model (see in previews) but FOM forced them to reduce it for release. So if you have a problem take it up with FOM.

IF CM went against what FOM said they'd lose the license and also a lot of money which is valuable to any company these days.

im sorry to be someone just adding to the mess of this topic but I will say, the average computer, 360 and PS3 cant handle the amount of data it takes to make the game that you consider to be acceptable. they can be made, but not play'd unless something is reduced in quality which will most likely be graphics and then the little *****'s will just complain about how the game looks. so CM might as well make a FUN good looking game. look at how far games have come in the past 10 years. another 10, and you'll get the game you have described.

Ok guys I dont wanna throw some oil on this little fire here but, I would love to have realistic starts in this game. If that's what the op means by F1 cars having clutches than I have to agree. At the moment the start is a little too simplistic. IRL it's one of the crucial parts of the race, and you can't say CM did great at reproducing this.

And I do agree that some people are overreacting, but CM's track record isn't that good when it comes to patches and aftersales. And I'm not talking about last years F1 2010 only. And allthough I enjoy playing this game I do realize it is overhyped and therefore some people are expecting too much.

CM, like 99% of the big software houses, has to make money, it's all about marketing and making money. That's what has become of the gaming-industry. And that's not necessarilly a bad thing, it's just a fact... IMO

Guys, if we cannot keep it on topic and sensible, threads like this will be closed without warning or reason.

@ OP: i can understand you are frustrated that something didnt to your liking, but this is not the place to shout about it. As many have said above, it is a £30 game, not a £3,000,000 simulator / wind tunnel.

Guys, if we cannot keep it on topic and sensible, threads like this will be closed without warning or reason.

@ OP: i can understand you are frustrated that something didnt to your liking, but this is not the place to shout about it. As many have said above, it is a £30 game, not a £3,000,000 simulator / wind tunnel.

I apologize to all staff members for the inconvenience this thread may have caused.

The post title could may lead some to beleave/feel it was like a request, rather than an ideas/feedback share on a specdialized non-official forum of the Codemasters title.

And, with all respect, F1 2010 sold 2.3 million copies. This gives a budget of 69 million at the 30 USD unit. Ok, this is crazy higher than it should be in fact, but comething around 50 USD million in total.

Thanks for your reply with all respect

It doesn't give 69 million, as some copies sold will have been sold cheaper than the release price, you can buy it for, what £12 now? Although, if you assumed that it netted £30 million in sales and assumed it took 3 years to make and there was 100 people involved in it's production, that leaves each staff member on £100k/year salary.

And yes, £'s not USFD, it was developed in England, NOT USA.

However, all profit is retrospective, they have made a stack of cash, and hopefully are now going to pump even more funds into creating a better F1 game for the future and I would seriously hope that they provide some better updates, but I maybe being too optimistic on this, as the previous response was to scrap patching 2010 and concentrate on 2011, which is also buggy. Who is to say that they aren't doing the same and putting all the resources that we have funded into other projects and not our F1 2010/2011 Marmite sandwich.

I'm not sure what the future holds for F1 games.

And, with all respect, F1 2010 sold 2.3 million copies. This gives a budget of 69 million at the 30 USD unit.
Gross = budget??? This is funniest comment I've seen in months. CM takes 100% of the retail price too? Retail shops ship, stock, and sell their games for free? How did they manage that? His logic obviously is one dimension.

F1 2010 had a budget of 10 million £'s including development. Sold 2.3 million worldwide with a retail price
of 50 USD in 6 months. Then the available money for the 2011 budget in USD...
The publisher + developer retains 50% of retail and 85% if sold online average.

But it doesnt need any math: the first one, with no high expectations, had a budget of 14 million USD. The sequel to the BAFTA winning and highly anticipated F1 would never have a budget of more than 50 million USD, never...

Now go search for licencing fee to FIA. And find out what percentage of that sales is PC. And figure out where would they fit those extra functions on a game pad. And then hop over to iRacing forum and complain why it doesn't have changing weather... or any weather for that matter.

I actually thought that 2010 had more appeal as far as setups go. I know they decided for it to be all about the racing, but I do like the idea of changing anything I want, even if I don't know what I'm doing. :tongue: .. Apart from that, I love it .. :D

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 41 19.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 14 6.7%