Cockpit view in pitstop - Version 2

lonelyracer

Thank you so much for this mod!
This was something i was really looking for. Now even more immersion to the game.

By the way, i made this cameras mod: http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/f1-2012-drivers-view-cam.61553/

I'll add some optional cams to the guys who use your mod alright?
I just neet to change my cameras:
- replay_drv_rearSide1
- replay_drv_rearSide2
And the type to head right?
The chase_close cam is to change only when the car is entering the pit box right?
Thanks again man

EDIT: By the way, just to let you know, if you want, there's another approach you can use to change the pit stops.
Don't know if you already tried, but take a look at the scrip files inside the scrip folder, they tell the game the action to be done, so you'll see the scripts telling the game to change the camera on the pit stop and everything else, probably changing the scripts can let you use the cockpit cam without modding the camera files and replay camera files ;)

Roberto, you are right, for the pitstop you need to change the rearSide cameras. For the push into carage, you need to change the chase_close cam.
Originally I tried to find the place, where these cameras are activated and change the rearSide references to head-cam, but my search (mainly using grep over all files) revealed, that most of the activations or (references to e.g rearSide1) are in the .exe. There is one ActivateCamera in the replay_camera_config.xml's for replay_drv_rearSide1 (or 2), but I think it is only for the replay as changing it didn't have any effect on the pitstop animation. I didn't want to start XVIn the .exe to
I looked at the scripts (trackside_garage_bay.bin/xml) and saw that there were the references to the cameras, but I could not find a way to connect the short names to the cameras in the cars' cameras. My guess was, that they are actually just referring to the location of a certain camera, but I might be totally wrong with this. ;)

EDIT: I did a quick test (not for the faint-hearted). For ca2\cameras.xml I added new camera chase_far_testing_now (must be 20 char long) and then I edited with XVI in the .exe the references of replay_drv_rearSide1 (and 2) to that new camera. With this the game used the new camera in the end of pitstop. So I fear the camera is hardcoded in the exe. If we can find a way to outside of the .exe to say, use some other camera, that would be great.

Man, i need help, i replace "replay_drv_rearSide1, replay_drv_rearSide2 and chase_close parameters" with "bonnet_reverse" parameters and doesnt work, still in the cockpit cam during pitstop. What i most do? the name of the camera is lng_camera_bonnet_reverse (in game name) Please help

Can you make your mod but keeping this camera during pitstop and returning to garage

13480440f37a23d7ff07fa1667c5dd6c.jpg

This cam is like the T CAM but centered, but one of your camera looks like this one, and the name is "lng_camera_bonnet_reverse" in the gameç (thats the name i read on my game with your mod)

I try to made it myself but i cant do it, i dont know what im doing (my english is basic and of course the camera.xml file is all in english)

Please bro! :giggle:

I FOUND HOW TO DO IT, I HAVE TO CHANGE THE TYPE="" TO "MOUNTED" AND INCLUDE THE PARAMETERS OF YOUR "BONNET" CAM, IF I FINISH THE MOD I WILL GIVE IT TO YOU FIRST FOR YOU CHECK IT AND GIVE ME PERMISSION TO UPLOADED IT

I need help, i replace the head-cam with the "bonnet" but the hud (speed, kers,...) is missing (of course because the cockpit cam doesnt have hud), so how i can enable hud in the first cam (cockpit cam)?

lonelyracer
Thanks for the info man.
I'll add a version of my camera mod with changed cams for the guys who want to use it with your mod :D
Hate to see some things hardcoded in the exe.
I tried something regarding the cameras with the scrips, but none have worked. :(
Maybe the "important" changes are in the exe. Anyway, good way to "fool" the game and replace the cameras, tested with one car and it worked really well, much better to play it now.
Great job on the mod! :thumbsup:

This Mod makes my game CTD during replays. As soon as the car turns to hit the pit spot during replays the game CTD on every track.

When messing with replay cams in the track folders, you should really run replay test before releasing. Changing the duration to 0 on all the pit stop replay cameras means CTD.

Mate, I have already changed the cameras.xml to not change my offset cam to cockpit when entering the pit lane. Now I need your help to tell how to turn of pit cameras animations while doing the pit stop, since F1 2012 doesn't have the option in the menu to turn them of.

Latest News

To join the OverTake Racing Club races I want them to be: (multiple choice)

• Free to access

Votes: 227 88.3%
  • Better structured events

Votes: 46 17.9%
  • Better structured racing club forum

Votes: 35 13.6%
  • More use of default game content

Votes: 37 14.4%
  • More use of fixed setups

Votes: 69 26.8%
  • No 3rd party registration pages

Votes: 88 34.2%