CM and AC broken after W10 update, anyone else?

Hi
Anyone else noticed probelm with AC and CM not starting up after KB4566782 update? I noticed it straight after updating, my MSI software controlling motherboard also stopped working. Uninstalling this particular update made all work back again.
Had to postpone auto updates until fix is found, but wondering if anyone else had this issue?
W10 x64 v2004, all updates installed until 16/08 except KB4566782

I don't know what "they" did with that 2004 update but I never had such a **** Win10 update until now.
I read " HDD" should run much better with it .... and my D:/ Seagate SSHD seems much slower since the following day of the update except for the 2nd program start when the SS has the files I need in its memory..... I immediately noticed it !

No single problem with CM or AC on my side.... but they are on this D:/ drive while Steam only is on C:/

NB it looks like Early Access is now also a Microsoft's bad habit. :mad:

That one is also installed since august 18th .... but I took the habit for a long time ( with Win10 especially and I chose the Professional version this time for this particular reason ) to postpone updates the longest time possible ... in order to try avoiding crappy updates.

Not sure that succeeded this time since this 2004 version !

What is your PC specs @Lizard Of Bodom ? A friend of mine is having the same issues in ACC, constant random crashes since the win10 update. I've made sure I haven't downloaded it for now!

Ryzen 3700x on X470MSI board, 16GB DDR4, 2x980OC. AC and CM runs off Samsung SSD drive. in my case it wasnt even random crashes, just CM and AC itself plus some various software like MSI Mystic Light didnt start up anymore.

Finally a thread with my problem. The game just literally will not even start. I try to launch it from Steam or from the shortcut and it does nothing, an .exe appears in task manager for a brief second or two before disappearing.

I figured it would be a Windows update making this such a headache. I actually only just bought the game yesterday, and the day before the Windows update force-installed itself the day before that and I'm wondering all day today wtf the problem is. This is likely it, I remember a Windows update earlier this year breaking Dead Or Alive 6, I think it was.

Uninstalling that update rn, let's see if it works.

I do manual W10 updates which should not make a difference

ac cm W10 update.jpg

What am I looking for ? CM seems normal and everything else is okay

I don't use things like motherboard apps, install the absolute minimum I can and nothing is there
just because it can, less apps less registry less chance things going wrong....imo

90% of all my apps are setup standalone on existing partition on 2nd SSD with saved registry, start menus etc

I Run W10 Home 64bit Retail, Winaero, NordsVPN, Malwarebytes Pro, AVG Tuneup Pro, Ryzen Master, NZXT Cam ......

Be aware that the above reported problems are also happening with Windows 10 x64 Version 1909 and update KB4565351 appears to be the cause for that version. I am so happy I found this thread tonight! I had fired up AC earlier this evening for the first time in months and was having all sorts of random issues with CSP, CM and races cancelling. I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out what had happened. Even though I don't use AC much in the summer I still browse Race Department downloads and add cars and tracks here and there without trying them right away so that complicated things. Although this thread was referring to Win10 Version 2004 it prompted me to search for update issues with other Windows versions and I found this article https://www.tomsguide.com/news/wind...asty-blue-screen-of-death-and-more-what-to-do
Once I uninstalled update KB4565351 my AC seems to be back to normal. So far at least. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Update....Although uninstalling that update seemed to fix a number of issues I am still having problems. I use VR with a Windows Mixed Reality headset and I have found information that a different Windows update has been causing problems with WMR and that seems to be what's happening to me. You would think that a Windows update would at least work with a Windows based product ! Apparently not. I'm just glad this issue is happening at the time of year when I use Assetto Corsa the least. Hopefully things get straightened out soon. I have way too much money invested in this hobby to not be able to use it. I will post again if something changes for the better.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 25 20.8%
  • Prizes

Votes: 22 18.3%
  • Trophies

Votes: 13 10.8%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 6 5.0%