Clubsport Brake Pedal Mod Kit

I looking to see what kind of interest there might be for a kit to convert the Clubsport Pedal V1 Brake to something very similar to the V2 pedals.

Since Thomas has said there wouldn't be a upgrade kit for whatever reason, I decided to give it a shot. I had seen a few people online that had drilled and tapped there pedals to allow for the oil filled shock, however I didn't really like the idea of permanently modifying my pedals. Thankfully I own a small 3d printer and figured I could design and print something that would be simple to install. Anyways I did just that, here is the final product.

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

As you can see I produced a bracket that slips over the brake adjustment dial bracket and on the other end there is a plug that fits into one of the holes on the side of the brake pedal. You literally just pull the knob off the dial and remove the nut on the dial. Takes about 5 mins to install.

So with all that said I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of interest there might be. I don't imagine there is huge interest for this, so kits would be 3d printed like mine. Currently I'm estimating about $50 per kit, if I did pre-orders I could order a bunch of the shocks from china and probably knock another $10 or so off of that.

Let me know what you think.

Update: I've gotten some interest on other sim forums, so if your are really interested fill out this quick form so you can be notified as things progress.

Update 2: OK so we have gathered some good interest so far. I believe as of this morning there were 22 people on the mailing list. If you haven't put your name on the list, you will not be part of the first batch.

Here's a run down of what is going on. I've started sourcing the hardware and shocks. I will keep this mailing list up till the end of the month. I'm guessing the initial run will be about 50 kits. I am going to try and ship everywhere I can, but they will be going out USPS. This kinda sucks for you guys in europe, since it will take longer to arrive, but the shipping other wise would be a killer. If you want to pay extra to ship it fedex, that will be your option.

I'm going to post up a pic of the bracket itself today, so that everyone understands what they will be getting. 3d printing of this type does not produce a glossy product. So if you are expecting a piece that is finished and looks like it came out of a mold, you are mistaken. The piece is extremely durable and 100% functional, but just doesnt have the overall polish of a factory produced product.

So first week of January I will start taking actual pre-orders, then kits will begin shipping shortly after that. But you will not be eligable for a pre-order unless you are on the list.

Update 3: Instruction video can be found here. http://youtu.be/YBwrgZN45XI

Update 4: All Orders Have Shipped. I've setup a new preorder on my site, with a ship date of end of March. Need a minimum of 10 orders to complete the next preorder.

Last edited by a moderator:
After testing the kit I've decided it's not for me. I really like the feel and action of the shock but because I have my CSP set up using the 2nd hole, the travel of the pedal is really short, so it makes the kit ineffective.
I did try setting the CSP back to the original first hole but I really prefer a much shorter throw and stiffer brake.
So if anyone is interested in buying a virtually unused kit let me know - SOLD

Upvote 0
After testing the kit I've decided it's not for me. I really like the feel and action of the shock but because I have my CSP set up using the 2nd hole, the travel of the pedal is really short, so it makes the kit ineffective.
I did try setting the CSP back to the original first hole but I really prefer a much shorter throw and stiffer brake.
So if anyone is interested in buying a virtually unused kit let me know?

You in the UK mate...I wouldn;t mind giving it a go :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea