Clip clippety Clop

Can you have a look at the pedal overlay please. I know it's clipping on the curves but on the straight it's great. These bends are a bit more powerful than normal yes? oh and ignore my driving and gear shift as I'm looking at the overlay cheers big ears (Not saying you have big ears or discriminating big eared people in any way it's just a friendly saying)

Spinelli makes a good point that a lot of people missed in the details of the overlay.

The pedal overlay has no idea what your wheel hardware is. IE Whether its a 7 year old G25 with say 4nm? max torque or a brand new Open Source wheel with an arm wrenching 21nm.
It is telling you when the FFB is exceeding the maximum the game can output to the wheel, not whether the wheel can handle it.
So if you lower the car specific FFB to just where you stop getting clipping you will still be getting the maximum the sim can offer.

So in our head we need to separate the two issues of software clipping and hardware clipping.
In fact with some wheels (incl Fanatec CSW V2) if you want more FFB once you have lowered the car specific FFB in game to avoid software clipping you can boost your wheels FFB to multiply the output.

As JES said Caster works very well but has car set up implications.

The BES Porsche 911 generates a lot of feel. IMO better than any of the updates the Apex car has managed. I have yet to try their last one. Only the previous 3. V1 was undriveable with aicraft carrier understeer. The next one was much improved (but from a very low base) but the locked diff meant you couldnt have different settings for coast and power which the 911 badly needs. The V3 IMO still didnt handle as well or as authentically as the BES.The Apex will do 317 kph down Conrod straight. GT3 cars dont do 200mph. Its drag is too low but its handling not so good. So lap time is ok but the driving not as nice.

Jim I would recommend not getting hung up on the need or not to adjust car specific FFB. It doesnt mean the FFB is good or bad. If its clipping, lower it -simples. The FSR 2015 car for example provides excellent FFB set at 0.65. If it could run at 1.00 it would make no difference at all.

Freddy uses Apex in the Nords 24 for reasons of propriety. The BES cars use some meshes from Shift 2 which not all people feel happy about.

Last edited:

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 62 29.7%
  • More leagues

Votes: 40 19.1%
  • Prizes

Votes: 43 20.6%
  • Trophies

Votes: 24 11.5%
  • Forum trophies