rF2 Clio Cup @ Thruxton (Special event) - Tue Sep 14th 2010

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I didn't realise we would do a 2nd qual for race 2. I wont have time b4 work to do race 2 now :(

I had fun in race 1 though and a nice battle with Toby. Contact at chicane was as much my fault as yours, but thanks 4 waiting :good:.

Good Luck with the move Ryan. Thanks all :)

Awefull force feedback, awefull mod, and no fun when someones 1 second quicker then everyone else. Dont think youll see me in this mod again.

Not because im not winning but because im not enjoying the feel of this mod/game. And the fact someone can easily be quicker than the rest off the field.

sorry for the rant.

And the fact someone can easily be quicker than the rest off the field.
Somebody is quicker than the rest of the field - isn't that normal in almost every event?

I'm afraid other drivers can only look at themselves there - the track has two braking points - I didn't hear anybody complaining about you winning both races at RSP the other day - where you were a lot quicker than anyone - they just congratulate you for doing a good job rather than blame the mod for the winner of an event.

Thats because I had done a 1 hour endurance there the week before? Seriously dont put your mod hat on, Im expressing my feelings towards what this track/mod is like.

I didnt mention the fact the pit stops didnt work for me and the red rectangle disapeared when i entered the pits :good:. Which put me 5 laps down and probably a DNF :D.

Its impossible to drive when i cant feel what the car is doing. Just awefull and no fun to drive.

I am not attacking you :). But i am confused what you say about the mod. Because when i read all your post in the other Clio race threads. In all say you had a fun time. So i am quite confused why its suddenly now a bad mod why first it was awesome?

I know your not attacking me, it wasnt an agressive reply, I just dont seem to understand why the forcefeedback feels awefull when "to me" it didnt feel this bad at first. And the mod doesnt feel right, number 1 theres no draft and i cant understand when/how to downshift. I watch others and they downshift like mad and im doing it steadily and still blow the engine???

WOW GUYS! This was INSANE!
Guy who built this track surely had an episode with mental institution (some kind of crazy inventor or sth like that)...
Corners with "pedal to the metal" @ 200km/h? Seriosly this was madness... :)
I hadn't this much fun and thrill for a long time ;]

Thanks all of You Guys
See you next time!

I know your not attacking me, it wasnt an agressive reply, I just dont seem to understand why the forcefeedback feels awefull when "to me" it didnt feel this bad at first. And the mod doesnt feel right, number 1 theres no draft and i cant understand when/how to downshift. I watch others and they downshift like mad and im doing it steadily and still blow the engine???

I didnt really mean attacking. But couldnt find the right word for it. :)
Dont know about the downshift. But only can say you cant do it like in Evo you also need to make sure you slowed down enough to hit for example second gear. Draft is oke by me used it alot on Calder Park a couple of weeks ago. :D

Ivo Sorry Ivo for the hit on first lap. I got hit from behind too but that driver didn't wait .... :p

Yeah np. :)

Thats because I had done a 1 hour endurance there the week before? Seriously dont put your mod hat on, Im expressing my feelings towards what this track/mod is like.
I know you're expressing your feelings towards the mod and/or track - I am happy with that.

I'm not happy with you belittling my wins by blaming it on the mod - we all have the same mod, correct?

Just be constructive - no need to be disingenuous - you hate that too you know ;)

Im not belittling your wins, I didnt come on here requesting an arguement so why respond that why? Im saying that I feel this mod is silly, hitting a kerb to send you 90" the other way?, the car bouncing all over the place and the force feedback "for me" is not enjoyable.

Thats because I had done a 1 hour endurance there the week before?
And Ryo worked for his win by practicing Today. When I connected about 1.5h before the event he was already there, posting 1:22-1:23s, lapping like mad; even his Clio frowned from concentration.

I didnt mention the fact the pit stops didnt work for me and the red rectangle disapeared when i entered the pits :good:. Which put me 5 laps down and probably a DNF :D.
Maybe you haven't requested the pit stop/it wasn't included in your strategy? All I know that your car serpentining with a puncture in the fastest spot on the track took by quite a surprise :]

Gee, racing with almost purely the fastest guys around there sure is demanding. I'm happy that I managed to hold 4th for a couple of laps and finish 5th in R2. I must admit that I'm not feeling those cars at all on the faster tracks (I'm completely lost at those fast corners). Layouts such as Calder suit me way more. BUT it was fun to blast around Thruxton. See you next time, hopefully on a "more me" track ;).

And Ryo worked for his win by practicing Today. When I connected about 1.5h before the event he was already there, posting 1:22-1:23s, lapping like mad; even his Clio frowned from concentration.

Lol - you won't believe me - but I had literally just got in the server before you jumped in :). I did do around 15 laps last night though.

I definately prefer the feel of this mod in Race On and in general rFactor rarely feels right to me, but I enjoyed this mod/track once I'd got a few laps behind me.

I don't normally do rF mod races, but as it looked like it would finish in time for me to go to work and it was all dedicated to Ryan's next big adventure, I wanted to take part.

Wish I could have stayed on for Race2, but the 2nd Qualifying session screwed that! (Do you guys normally do 2 now?)

First race was good. Got delayed a little at the end of first lap when a couple of cars got together. Battled with Toby most of the race which was gr8 fun. Nice clean racing mate :good:. Well done to Ryan for a dominant display. :wink:

Race 1 - decent start, stuck behind a couple guys for most of the first lap, then accidentally hit Chris Butcher as he overtook me - I was already turning in and gave him a slight tap into Ivo, which put them two at the back of the pack - I didn't realise at first I had hit him so I didn't wait - sorry dude. Then me and Philip had a great battle, and we were both catching the guy in front (didn't see who it was) until we had contact at the last chicane, sorry for that. I waited and we continued our dice, with me overtaking him right at the end. :)

Race 2 - Lightning start, straight into second - at one point I was right with Ryan and battling him, but he was about half a second quicker and edged away - I kept the gap at about a second - second and a half, then failed at the last chicane, hitting the barrier and enabling Chris to take the place. Then on the last lap I caught him and told him on TS I was going to make a move at the last chicane, which I did... and failed. He had the position, then, and so 3rd was an OK result for me.

Decent night's racing, shame about the slightly bad tone from one or two guys but as usual I personally had fun. It's good to be back in the euro club events! :D

Ryo - I was kidding, you're just fast in Clios and your postponed response when I joined the server ("sorry, was concentrating") just begged to made fun of :D
Toby - the guy [briefly] in front in R1 was me :)

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.