rF2 Classic F2 @ 1967 SPA Circuit - Wed 16th April

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
I made a mistake with gear change, David, game crashed couple minutes after that :(. Instead from 5th to 4th, my poor G27 H shifter put (or it was me :cautious:?) on 2nd gear and car just spinned :unsure:. I was suprised, the engine wasn˙t destroyed, and car still moved, but sadly on the other side of barb wire and didn˙t find a way to go back on the track. I am wondering, when will ISI finally implemented engine damage, because you simply can˙t destroy it :O_o:.
Ah I see.

Same for me in race 2 when I had more corner speed butvless top speed than Joe and had to brake mid corner I ended up wrong side of the fence.

I reckon there were so many frightened cows that there will be a load of angry farmers this morning off to speak to the mayor!
One small note re engine damage, It indeed as you suggest might not be implemented but traction would play a large part the relative lack of grip might mean the forces would take the path of least resistance (being the tyres) causing the huge spin.

Funnily enough in F1 2011 prior to an early patch the car had silly amounts of rear grip and excessive fast downchanges would blow the engine, after the patch and with less rear grip it could not be done.
So a big lock up might save the engine.
In other related trivia. a couple of years ago when the Spec for Caterham 7 racing included stickier tyres the engine valve springs had to be stronger to prevent valve damage on downshift. Previously a lack of grip protected the engine.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.