Circuito Rekalde

Tracks Circuito Rekalde 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
sersu200 submitted a new resource:

Circuito Rekalde - circuito Rekalde

This is my first mod, so I hope you are understanding. I have created this circuit thinking about endurance racing with different categories at the same time (from R.clio to F1). It is about 10 km long and about 12-15 meters wide. A long straight and 5 strong braking points. enjoy it.
star_border
I have changed some things, and added others.

Este es mi primer mod, así que espero que sean comprensivos.
He creado este circuito pensando en las carreras de resistencia con diferentes categorías...

Read more about this resource...

For a first track my congrats. There are some things you can improve on it:
- ROAD TILING- it seems the texture used for the road is square which obliges to tile it very much, giving an effect of repeating the road.
- Skidmarks - needs proper groove.ini and adjusted settings, eventually a better texture (didn't see that);
-trees - some trees needs HD textures, some are showing the edges (there is an export option in fbx that avoids it) also an entry in ext_config
- GRASS_FX - is missing
- Distance Markers - are no collision they should be AC_POBJECTS;
- ROUND KERBS - they are flat passing over it .
- SOME CORNERS - are to hard with small bumps, they can be solved smoothing it.

It's a nice layout I suppose it's a fiction track and for a first track it's quite a risk even taught the scenery around are basically trees. Keep it coming.

Thank you very much for your opinion and for your advice. Having someone with your mods tell me this is an honor It's the first track I've done and I'm learning a lot I will try to solve all the problems you have told me for the next version

Mil gracias por tu opinión y por tus consejos
Que alguine con tus mods me diga esto es un honor
Es la primera pista que hago y estoy aprendiendo un montón
intentaré resolver todos los problemas que me has dicho para la proxima versión

Thank you very much for your opinion and for your advice. Having someone with your mods tell me this is an honor It's the first track I've done and I'm learning a lot I will try to solve all the problems you have told me for the next version

Mil gracias por tu opinión y por tus consejos
Que alguine con tus mods me diga esto es un honor
Es la primera pista que hago y estoy aprendiendo un montón
intentaré resolver todos los problemas que me has dicho para la proxima versión
siempre a tu disposicion.

I don't know what software you used to make the track (I use 3ds Max I know many use Blender which I'm not familiar with). In 3ds max exporting the trees we need to include an option "Split per vertex Normals" (as in the annex). If you do it on Blender I was told there is also an option for it but I can't find the post where I saw it. If you use 3dsimed there is no way to get it right. You can also get the following entry to force up-normals in the ext_config

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

Maybe the guys that use blender can help you with that.

* be aware that the "Split per vertex Normals" option is only valid for the trees/vegetation in general.

Attachments

• image_2024-01-16_111744610.png
    image_2024-01-16_111744610.png
    39.2 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
I don't know what software you used to make the track (I use 3ds Max I know many use Blender which I'm not familiar with). In 3ds max exporting the trees we need to include an option "Split per vertex Normals" (as in the annex). If you do it on Blender I was told there is also an option for it but I can't find the post where I saw it. If you use 3dsimed there is no way to get it right. You can also get the following entry to force up-normals in the ext_config

[ALTER_NORMALS_...]
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
OFFSET = 0, 1e9, 0

Maybe the guys that use blender can help you with that.

* be aware that the "Split per vertex Normals" option is only valid for the trees/vegetation in general.
Ah yes, that option. I use 3ds max as well.

But the best and correct way to do it is by using the KSTREE_GROUP naming convention to ensure the spherical normals are set automatically from the pivot point of each mesh.

Ah yes, that option. I use 3ds max as well.

But the best and correct way to do it is by using the KSTREE_GROUP naming convention to ensure the spherical normals are set automatically from the pivot point of each mesh.
That's right that is the correct way, I have only explained the easiest way to do it.

This also does wonders to trees, hides any edge facing the camera

Code:
[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = *tree material here*
MATERIAL_FLAG_0 = 1

Latest News

What would be the ideal raceday for you to join our Club Races?

• Monday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Wednesday

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • Thursday

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • Friday

Votes: 42 37.2%
  • Saturday

Votes: 64 56.6%