Circuit de Gedinne AMS

Tracks Circuit de Gedinne AMS v1.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ClimaxF1 submitted a new resource:

Circuit de Gedinne AMS - AMS skies, lighting & complete texture update

Hi Guys

The Gedinne race tracks feature straight lines and beautiful curves through the countryside near Namur in Belgium.

Special thanks to Relesys for the original track and Neel Jani for all his edits.

Automobilista - Gedinne v1.0:

Original author for Rfactor: Relesys,
Converting, Graphic changes and improvements by Neel Jani,

Thank Relesys me kindly given permission for the conversion of its Rfactor version of the worm GTR2 system platforms, GTL, Race07...

Read more about this resource...

This is a great track, but even with AI set to 120, they are easy to beat. At that setting, they are so fast in a straight line, but slow through the corners. If this could be improved, it would be a really good track to race on. Thanks for your hard work

This is a great track, but even with AI set to 120, they are easy to beat. At that setting, they are so fast in a straight line, but slow through the corners. If this could be improved, it would be a really good track to race on. Thanks for your hard work
There's been several guys offering to help with AI and not just for this track.

So far it's only been talk, would be nice if one of them would actually help.

Me unfortunately have no idea with AIW file so I hope someone reading this will help.

Go on then, I'll have a look! :D

So I had a look. Twenty or so AIW files later, and with a lot of testing I got the AI down from a 1:33.5 down to a 1:31.3 (F Classic, 107% difficulty)
Some corners are unfixable in that I think the AI cars leave contact with the ground for a split second, and it spooks them into not taking the corner at correct racing speed (The slow right handers, last slow left hander) Without starting it from scratch in rfactor this is as good as I could get it.
If you open the AIW in notepad and find these multipliers you can scale them to be even faster..

WorstAdjust=(.85)
MidAdjust=(1)
BestAdjust=(1.2)

After some major surgery (and many weeks of work) the aiw is in decent shape. There are some issues remaining but i think is ok in general. Rename the attachment to Gedinne_2011.aiw and overwrite the original (keep a backup just in case).
A couple of laps onboard in a formula classic (excuse the low image quality)

Attachments

• Gedinne_2011.txt
    613.1 KB · Views: 141

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back