CIRCUIT CHARADE 2023 (csp)

Tracks CIRCUIT CHARADE 2023 (csp) 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
What about the complete lack of any camber?? The road surface is totally level :O_o: Charade is a beautiful, sweeping, heavily cambered circuit that has a gorgeous flow. Your version has none of that - I don't understand why. The LIDAR for this area is available, for free, and clearly shows the camber on all of the corners, mostly between 3° and 6° :(

Hi everyone, and thanks for all the comments !!
I know, I know, there are a lot of textures in "png, jpeg, that I have to convert to dds ,,,, do not worry, they will soon arrive, a little patience,
for this, too, people with a small configuration, I advise you to lower the reflection in the game
-Reflection quality = high + reflection redering frequency = ultra = 70 / 100fps

I use
-Reflection quality = medium + reflection redering frequency = low = 150 / 200fps

also to cut the software "discord" (for me fall to 40fps ??)
as I disable it I go back to 200fps ??
waiting for textures correction in "dds"
I wish you a good race!
thank you!!!!
just a conversion to dds won't really help you, as it will make the initial rar/7zip file much too big for an upload. Plus the biggest issue with this track is simply that all you used to make it is RTB, which started off as a good idea but turned to shít due to people with no idea about modelling, texturing and most of all track creation creating all those xpacks you RTB users use.
Those marshal models you use have six different 1024x1024 textures just for the eyeballs, wtf. The complete marshal could probably do with a single 1024 texture, but whoever made the marshal xpack had no clue about modelling.
brown_eye.jpg

there are six of those in use for this track - do you really needs eyes of this detail on a race track? And remember that there are more than a dozen textures 4x as big as this just for the marshal alone. We're not in the age of 16k screens yet.

For comparison, this is what I use a 1024 for:
Untitled.008.jpg

that is a full car's rollcage, something that is always in view while driving.

Yes i know I'm an asshole but my advice for this track is to throw it into the garbage bin and start from scratch, without RTB. You can of course still use the model from the xpacks, but this way you may learn a thing or two about what's really needed and in what form.

quite simply that I have nothing to do with "lidar"
I remind that it is a mod, and not an official version ,,,,!
certain curve of the road is not easy to achieve ,,,, I tried to get closer to the real ,,,, if my circuit does not please you, then go your way!
I am not a proffessional, just a modder for pleasure ,,,,
and also I have to repeat, every time the same things when I leave a circuit, it does not look like real, in the real is like his ,,,, nianianiania

if not wait for the version of pixsim, he used the lidar, (it will be a version for rf2 and can be a day assetto)
sorry not to bring what you want, I also remember that I do the "free" I propose just donation, (and view that no one offers a gift)
I do not see why, I should take my head to improve and grab the most of the real! THANK YOU

Last edited:
lol, you may want to look around a bit, every track, skin and car available on this site is for free, and people still invest plenty of time. Donations are there to thank people after you downloaded something good, if you start modding with the initiative "if i don't get enough money I 'll not do better work" you chose the wrong hobby.
And I wonder, how do you measure you work time?

Nobody asked you to make this track. You release it on here, for which we all are grateful. But expecting to be paid? For work? What work? Isn't this a hobby? Sigh...., no wonder there's certain ppl leaving this community.... Sad, very sad.

lol, you may want to look around a bit, every track, skin and car available on this site is for free, and people still invest plenty of time. Donations are there to thank people after you downloaded something good, if you start modding with the initiative "if i don't get enough money I 'll not do better work" you chose the wrong hobby.
And I wonder, how do you measure you work time?
good, one more comment to turn in circles !!!!
I am not trying to make money, just be thanked for a minimum,
but after all asks like, why it's not like that, like the real one, why this, why that,
it swells me a little! looool
it's only 5 years, I'm creating circuits, I still have things to learn to improve my work, I know ,,,, but stop to always compare to the real, the real this, the real it ,,,, , !!!! and tell me that I should throw my circuit to the "trash"!
I create just for people to have fun ,,, after if you do not like, as I said go your way ,,, or create your own circuit!
I wish you a good day !

Please don't take my comments as a personal attack. But I have to question why you would go to all that work to make a circuit, but fail to add any camber to the corners? :O_o:

For me, that is step 3 (of about 100) when I start to make a track.

1. Make accurate 2D spline for overall layout
2. Adjust spline in Z axis to make accurate elevation changes
3. Adjust camber for each corner
4. Adjust track width along entire length of the track
5......... etc

It's a pretty important thing to leave out, too. Image the Nordschleife without camber changes? A flat Karousel? :thumbsdown:

I understand completely how much hard work is involved in making a track for AC. But in its current state your track is totally unplayable for me. AC is about recreating the real, making it believable, immersion. Unfortunately, I drove 1 lap and then deleted the folder, just because of the camber issue :(

I'm glad there are some fine folks here willing to help you along...and I'm glad these same folks haven't come by to see either of the 2 RTB made tracks I shared with this community here at RD. Don't think I could deal with the comments...:unsure:

Oh, and thanks for sharing your track drmaboul02.

[QUOTE = "Deux, poste: 2689869, membre: 193961"] Je suis heureux qu'il y ait des gens bien disposés à vous aider ... et je suis heureux que ces mêmes gens ne soient pas venus voir l'un des le 2 RTB a fait des morceaux que j'ai partagés avec cette communauté ici à RD. Ne pense pas que je pourrais faire face aux commentaires ... :incertain:[/ QUOTE]
loooool:roflmao:
it does not matter, I do not take it bad, but must always be obliged to justify

good, one more comment to turn in circles !!!!
I am not trying to make money, just be thanked for a minimum,
but after all asks like, why it's not like that, like the real one, why this, why that,
it swells me a little! looool
it's only 5 years, I'm creating circuits, I still have things to learn to improve my work, I know ,,,, but stop to always compare to the real, the real this, the real it ,,,, , !!!! and tell me that I should throw my circuit to the "trash"!
I create just for people to have fun ,,, after if you do not like, as I said go your way ,,, or create your own circuit!
I wish you a good day !
you are now on my ignore list as you obviously don't care about improving and taking or even reading advice. Have fun with all those ,,,, , !!!! of yours...

no problem !
you either do not take the time to read, because I said I was going to see to correct the request! that i've always done on my other realization ,,, rouen sebring !!! but no problem guy !!! good continuation

Those marshal models you use have six different 1024x1024 textures just for the eyeballs, wtf.

yes for the eyes, I used another software, to create the characters, I did not worry about the size of the textures, ,,,,,, wait for the next update
1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3 ...... loool patience:cool:

I'm not gona go into technical disputes, being just an average user.
Now, what I want to say is the following:
- I find the track not being performance oriented but that is just the first public release and the Doctor already accustomed us to provide many updates of a single mod.
- Making any mod from scratch is a real endeavour and he is couragous enough to do it..
- As a Frenchman, I am very happy to see a new, very nice, of our tracks coming to AC.
- I've just watched two intersting videos of this track:

- I don't find the mod is "so unrealistic".
- If you drive properly one of Ben's beautiful Caterham on it, you will find it "not so unrealistic".

So, to sum it up:
A BIG THANK YOU Doctor.
I am of course looking forward to updates, particulary in the performance department as well as for numerous small details.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea

Results are only viewable after voting.