Change rims/tires size in 3dSimEd - visual issue

TonyBar

@Simberia
Hello. I have faced one problem.
Using 3dSimed: After changing wheels from one car to another they come in different size. So i change their size manually in 3dSImed. After saving car in preview all sizes are perfectly fitted.
However when loading up the game with this car, wheels stay in original size (too tiny e.x.) !
Why?

Attachments

• Screenshot_subaru_svx_96_weekend_motor_sports_land2_16-2-118-18-19-30.jpg
    Screenshot_subaru_svx_96_weekend_motor_sports_land2_16-2-118-18-19-30.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 2,325
Last edited:
I ran in the same problem today, my wheels also change position and i dont know why, did you found a solution yet?
Not yet, had not time. Will try next week. Probably it's about 3D box and 3D max layers position.
It's official modding guide .PDF in AssettoCorsa folder ( -:\STEAM\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\sdk\dev\car_pipeline_2.0rev)
I will write when find sollution, but not earlier then next week i afraid.
Please keep in touch

Hello. I have faced one problem.
Using 3dSimed: After changing wheels from one car to another they come in different size. So i change their size manually in 3dSImed. After saving car in preview all sizes are perfectly fitted.
However when loading up the game with this car, wheels stay in original size (too tiny e.x.) !
Why?
So what you have to do is adjust the wheel size/position when the wheel is isolated not whilst it is on the car, then file save.3se and replace the wheel that is on the car.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    318.3 KB · Views: 1,237
So what you have to do is adjust the wheel size/position when the wheel is isolated not whilst it is on the car, then file save.3se and replace the wheel that is on the car.
I think i figured it out!!! It was doing the same thing to me as well when i was trying to swap wheels. The wheels i was swapping out had rotors in the same object as the wheels. The wheels i was swapping in didn't have any so i took the new wheels i was gonna swap in and attached a brake rotor to it like the original wheels had and the wheels no longer change size. I would say check to see if the wheels you are swapping out have another object attached to them and match that with the new wheels swapping in.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • More leagues

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Prizes

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 5 6.9%