F1 22 Change motor sound especially turbo whistle

F1 22 the official Formula 1 Game
Hello everybody,

when I play F1 22 or F1 23 then I would like to turn off the turbo whistle, at least for RedBull or Ferrari sounds. I know there is no option (and the tinitus option does not help for me). So I tried some older and alternative sound files in the bundle folder (*.bdl files). It seems that the motor sounds are then replaced, and the game still works, but: the turbo whistle stays the same, for example in a Ferrari.

My question would be:
- is the turbo whistle sound not included in the bdl file (for example the Ferrari bdl file) ?
- is there any chance to edit a file or replace a file to disable turbo whistle or (equally fine) to replace a complete motor sound incl. the turbo?

Thank you.

Last edited:
In the meantime I tried many older and alternative engine / motor sounds by replacing the bdl-files in the bundle folder. This actually works great :). But it seems that I have to learn a bit about this. Even when I replace e.g. the Ferrari F1 sound by the Ferrari Supercar, it works and I can hear the Supercar sound then in the F1 car (which I only made for testing of course).

The thing is: the whining or whistling is still there. I appreciate that this is realistic and probably many people just want the engines sound realistic, but I am just used to the old sound in games (by the way I still play GP4 also).

So there must me another file or some car config where I can tell the F1 22 game which motor sound it has and if and which turbo (?) whining there is.

So beside the bdl files, is there anything that I can do with my little knowledge?
(I also asked this in the EA forum without answers until now)

For all those who are interested in the topic, here another update! I tried to solve this issue by using a system equalizer, I tried several of them for hours. After all I have to say that this is not a solution for me personally (it was suggested in another forum some time ago for the turbo sound) because the turbo whining is not only in one specific frequency but it is in several. So when I reduce the db of one frequency it is still present, and if I reduce many db areas then of course the sound in general is bad and like under water. So this is not a workaround for me. From what I am thinking now and also reading other comments in race deparment mod discussions, nobody has found out until today where the turbo sound can be found, adapted or deleted or changed. For me this means that I only will use the Mercedes motors which is ok as for example Vettel also has it, and Hamilton. But of course I will be very happy to read here in this thread if anybody will get to the knowledge in the future about:
- can we change or delete the turbo whining somewhere?
- if not and so perhaps more important to me: can I setup in any file which team uses which motor (sound bdl but especially turbo file) ?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back